|Job Ref:||204283693||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Bedfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||SG15||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:08|
Senior Polymer Scientist |
Based in Bedfordshire with first 12 Months Seconded to the Czech Republic for 70% of the time.
Job ref: JE/31934
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Our client is looking to recruit a polymer scientist/engineer to expand our in-house team to take over the programme manager role for refillables. The current individual will retire soon and we are looking for someone how can learn and take over the responsibilities. The majority of the production occurs at our Czech Republic site, so initially this person would need to be willing to spend extended periods of time on site to complete the handover (expected to take 1 year, depending on skill level).
• This role would answer directly to the Group Director for NPD and Technical Support.
Responsibilities would include:
• Managing the refillable programme (0.5L - 20L sizes),
• Working with sales/marketing, operations, finance to develop a robust pipeline of products for launch over the next 5 years.
• To act of key representative and technical expert on refillables at customer meetings and trade shows when required.
• To insure the development process is followed on all projects and to complete documentation as and when required
• To work with and manage development engineers to deliver projects
• Responsibilities and ownership of all refillable projects
• Communication with senior managers on any risks or issues as they arise to insure timely response as to minimize impact to the business.
• Manage the refillables NPD budget
• Insure all food conformity is followed and kept up.
• Blending materials, barriers/additives, colours experience
• 2 stage PET production desirable
• Experience in CSD (carbonated beverage)/ water markets desirable
• Experience leading a team and managing budgets
• Experience in adaptive technologies would be highly desirable including nanotechnology, digital, smart packaging.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions: Arabplast 2015, NPE 2015, Elmia 2015, PlastMilan 2015, Chinaplast 2015, Plastpol 2015, PDM & PSS 2015, Kunststoffen 2015, Fakuma 2015, Scanpack 2015, Advanced Engineering 2015
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest -
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers