|Job Ref:||204218198||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:22|
We are now recruiting for a Principal Product Design Engineer. Our Cambridge based clients are looking for bright and enthusiastic team players to join an expanding multi-disciplinary group. You will provide a significant contribution to major fast track medical technology development projects. The position will require you to apply your mechanical design engineering abilities to the development of world-leading medical products for clients around the globe. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop novel solutions to difficult technical problems. You will have an excellent degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related Product Design Engineering discipline.|
* Leading design engineers to realise your technical solutions
* Generation of innovative concepts and layouts of systems in 3D CAD (2D sketching is beneficial but not essential)
* Detailed design of components and products in CAD
* Driving your design with solid engineering principles and calculations
* Take lead roles in creative workshops, generating and visualising your own ideas and those of the team around you
* Tolerance analysis of system designs
* Production of detailed drawings and manufacturing specifications
* Transfer of designs to manufacture through liaison with external suppliers
* Identification of methods to test your designs and analyse the results, present findings and make design recommendations based on these
* Writing technical reports and producing high quality design documentation
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
* Excellent degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related Product Design Engineering discipline
* Talented, creative product design engineer, with the ability to solve complex mechanical system problems and design ingenious mechanisms.
* High level of practical experience with proven technical skills, and have spent significant time in an engineering design environment.
* Creative and methodical approach to problem solving, whilst ensuring adherence to design processes.
* Knowledge of manufacture and assembly processes from one off designs to high volume manufacture is required, with experience in plastic injection moulding being particularly desirable. Significant experience in 3D CAD, preferably ProEngineer and SolidWorks is also required.
* We are interested to hear how your skills and experience can help us to resolve the challenges faced during the development of complex drug delivery, diagnostic and surgical systems. Specific medical device industry experience is not a requirement.
* Bright, enthusiastic team player. Good communication skills are essential as a major part of your role will be interacting with clients