|Job Ref:||204260009||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£10 - £14/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
Service Engineer |
Home/Field based with regular travel to customer premises, installations, head office/depot and suppliers based within the UK.
Location - SW of London, postcode areas - GU, RH, SL, RG, CR, KT, TW, SH
Main Purpose of the Job:
Maintenance and installation of diesel generators either in situ at customer premises or based in the workshop. Motor vehicle provided. Mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge and knowledge of diesel generators preferred.
• Carry out minor and major services to diesel engine generator sets at customer sites
• Visit customer sites to perform site surveys in order to assist in project design and proposals
• Visit customer sites to perform, but not limited to, diesel generator installations
• Visit customer sites to perform commissioning in liaison with electrical contractors
• Emergency call outs to customer breakdowns
• Ad hoc tasks within the workshop
• Ensure Company vehicle is maintained in line with the Company Vehicle Policy
• Attendance at relevant product training courses
• Control system wiring
• PLC / Deep Sea / Deif programming work
• Any other relevant duties as may be required from time to time
• Mechanical engineering
• Electrical engineering
• IEE regs - 17th Edition (beneficial)
• Part P (beneficial)
• Ideally you will be an experienced generator field service engineer with strong knowledge of one or more of the following diesel generators: FG Wilson, MWM Detuz, Broadcrown, SDMO, CAT, Cummins, Aska, Mitsubishi, John Deere, Perkins, Scania, Atlas Copco etc...
Depending upon experience and qualifications this role would command a salary of between £10-£14 per hour with a guaranteed 40 hour week + occasional overtime and on call allowance