|Job Ref:||204377804||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Sidcup||Address:||Post Code:||DA14||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:47|
Are you an experience Structural Engineer looking for a new challenge? Then look no further....|
Our client is a highly successful and expanding multi-disciplinary consultancy based in Kent. Established for over 30 years, they have a varied client and project base from all sectors of the construction industry including education, housing, leisure, commercial and transport. They are currently looking for a Structural Engineer to join their growing team based in Sidcup, Kent.
In this role your duties will be;
• To undertake Structural Surveys of primarily Housing and Government
Buildings you will be required to visit various sites across London and the
surrounding counties to observe defects.
• You will be required to prepare reports identifying defects, probable cause
of the defect and the correct remediation works required.
• Another duty will be to arrange opening up works, geotechnical
investigations, CCTV Surveys and Materials Testing as required in order to
• To carry out Structural Design of small works that may include:-
- Internal Structural alterations
- Appraisal of existing structures
- Site inspections during the works to ensure compliance with specification.
A successful career in structural engineering with a design consultancy with particular expertise of building structures, both design of new build and refurbishment of existing. Knowledge of complementary engineering designs and experience of working on multi-disciplinary projects.
Minimum of 10 years is preferred, with a minimum of 3 years undertaking surveys of defects.
Educational Requirements and Professional Qualifications:
• Minimum NA or Graduate Engineer that can demonstrate good
Technical Knowledge and Skill:
• Conversant with current Standards and Codes of Practice, but as a
minimum British Standards.
• Experience in the design of general construction materials, in particular
traditional construction and framed buildings.
• Familiarity with structural design packages ( TEDDS would benefit)
• Very good report writing and communication skills
• Familiar with the usual MS applications including Microsoft Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and MS Project
• Professional appearance and team working skills
• Good communication skills, as part of the work will be dealing with tenants
and our client base.
To apply for this position please forward your CV together with salary requirement and availability