|Job Ref:||204327521||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:55|
PM Group is an International Project Delivery firm providing engineering |
design, architecture, project and construction management, commissioning
and qualification services. Our core Sectors are Life Sciences, Food,
Advanced Manufacturing, Mission Critical and Energy. We have 2,200
experienced team members based in 18 locations worldwide with 350 of
our people based in the UK. We are currently involved with projects
in over 40 countries throughout Europe, Asia and the USA.
To complement our project delivery services, we additionally offer
Outsourced Technical Services (OTS), where our team members are seconded into Client organisations.
We wish to recruit a high calibre Manager for our OTS business in the UK.
The successful candidate will have good knowledge of the overall UK
market and direct experience in one or more of our core Sectors. The
ideal candidate will have existing strong relationships with clients in
our core Sectors, and a good knowledge of our competitors. This role
will require a high level of contact with clients and potential OTS
candidates, therefore the ability to speak and work with credibility,
knowledge and authority is key to this role,as is the ability to
gain client and candidate trust and confidence. In addition,
a detailed understanding of the Engineering, Procurement and
Construction Management (EPCM) project delivery model is highly
Working with the local Sector Heads, and OTS Managers in other
PM Group offices, the successful candidate will have responsibility
for the management and development of our OTS business in the UK.
The role will involve the development of our existing client
relationships, and the identification and development of new clients,
and the successful candidate will have the leadership and drive to
further grow the UK business.
• Work closely with the BD Director and Sector Heads to
and plans for the development of our OTS business in the UK.
• Actively develop new and existing clients.
• Proactively manage existing and new OTS placements to ensure
that all clients continue to have the right candidates in
the right roles.
• Work closely with colleagues in other PM Group offices to help
coordinate our OTS business internationally, but with particular
focus on the UK.
• Provide data and estimates which will be utilised to develop
annualtargets, budgets, business and marketing plans, etc.
• Participate in Bid / No-Bid meetings and develop the Win
Strategy for OTS proposals for which you will be responsible.
• Lead and prepare proposals, and co-ordinate specialist inputs
and personnel from other offices for proposals and presentations.
• Coordinate closely with the internal stakeholders to ensure
bids are commercially attractive for both our clients and PM
• Assist in attracting and recruiting and retaining high-calibre
OTS personnel in all disciplines
• Assist in the development and mentoring of other PM Group team
members as appropriate, especially any direct reports.
• Participate in relevant promotional, sponsorship and
• Ensure that the UK Management team are regularly updated on
the status of OTS activities
Preferred Academic / Professional Attributes:
• Excellent client-facing and interpersonal skills. Building
relationships is key to this role.
• A strong technical background, preferably educated to at
least degree level,
with an engineering or science qualification.
• Have an ability to source, negotiate and win new placements.
• Have a track record of working with multi-disciplinary teams,
as a consultant,
a client or a contractor, and with good project delivery
• Have an understanding of the various client project procurement
• Be an active member of at least one relevant professional/
industry body/society (e.g. IChemE, ISPE, IET, etc), or willing
to join and participate in such a professional body/society.
• Highly organised and coordinated, with the ability to work on
multiple opportunities simultaneously.
A very attractive remuneration package will available to the successful
candidate, reflecting the importance of the role within the UK business.
This role also provides the opportunity for significant career progression
within the PM Group