|Job Ref:||204344933||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£35000 - £38000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:03|
MULTI-SKILLED PPM ENGINEER |
The Role Our client is a UK organisation going through sustained growth. At their new facility in Peterborough we are looking to recruit and strengthen their engineering team. We require an enthusiastic and multi-skilled Engineer to join at an exciting time for our ever growing business.
The main focus of the role is to work closely with the production team to ensure that machinery downtime is kept to a minimum and that all maintenance is conducted in advance to avoid production disruption. You will be required to work shift patterns and a reasonable amount of overtime, and the role is well rewarded.
Key Skills: To successfully carry out this role you will need to be multi-skilled with an Electrical bias.
- you will be able to fault find on single and three phase systems
- servo motors and AC motors
- sensors and various control systems.
- electrical installation as required, typically lighting and small power.
- you will be able to work on drive train systems, rollers, gear boxes, shafts, pneumatics and some hydraulics.
-There is a requirement to be able to strip machine assemblies to component level and rebuild.
You will also need to have demonstrated experience in maintenance engineering and show the ability to work off your own initiative.
- Work collaboratively within the Engineering team.
- Support and identify means of improving plant productivity.
- Ensure that all necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available.
- Investigate and establish causes of all breakdowns and machinery speed losses.
- Action any necessary repairs and ensure all measures taken are recorded so recurrent faults can be recognised.
- Be involved in both electrical and mechanical reactive and pro-active maintenance.
- Be proactive in ensuring good health and safety on site.
- Time served apprentice.
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical Engineering, BTEC level 3 in Mechanical & Electrical/Electronic Engineering)
- 17th Edition Regulations
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company which is experiencing significant growth. If this position is of interest get in touch with Rob Atkins at Bluefin Recruitment, Derby to discuss further