|Job Ref:||204437852||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Tamworth||Address:||Post Code:||B79||Salary:||£40000 - £48000/annum Negotiable||Post Date:||23/10/2016 08:55|
5 Axis Engineering Manager|
Salary: Negotiable + benefits
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, Lichfield, Sutton Coldfield, Tamworth, Burton On Trent
To head up the 5-axis processing team to ensure that best practice, tools and techniques are developed and applied in this key manufacturing area.
• Improving existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes ensuring tools and techniques are developed to "best practice" working including: - Innovative tooling and fixturing solutions and strategies - Use of latest "off line" technology. I.e. CAM software, tool management software etc - Continuous Improvement, SMED and other modern machining techniques and practices - DFM and DFMA
• Liase with key partners to ensure we are aware of best practice and latest developments in a manufacturing environment
• Lead projects that enable introduction of new products or the improvement of existing ones
• Work with the Production Engineering Manager in specifying and procuring new manufacturing equipment, ancillary items, software etc.
• Creating and proving off CNC programs, fixture and tooling layouts
• Modify existing CNC programs to accommodate design changes and process improvements
• Hand over a completed signed off process to manufacturing
• Help generate and maintain support documentation i.e. PFMEA's, Control Plans, Flow Charts if required
• Deal with constraints with the help and support of the Manufacturing & Production Engineering Managers.
• Analysis of and finding solutions to problems relating to the machining process (e.g. identifying weaknesses in these processes and initiating the appropriate actions)
• Giving presentations to engineers and colleagues in other departments
• Promotes a "Visual Management" method of communication with the Team and others
• Communicates by "exception" risk and / or concerns in time to allow recovery action planning
• Promote high level of housekeeping throughout manufacturing environment to 5S standard
• Reading specialist journals and attending training courses and industry meetings in order to keep up to date with the latest technological developments and trends within this and other branches of engineering
• Management of 5-axis programmers and 5-axis prove off setters.
• Train and organize production staff during process hand over to production
• Organise and chair meetings with other team members
• Lead and co-ordinate projects, continuous improvement teams and other working groups
• Training others as and when required
• Understands, fully complies and supports the Quality & Environmental Management Systems
• Makes suggestions and recommendations to improve QCD, H&S, ISO14001
• Health, Safety & Environmental
• Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is adhered to all times.
• Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness
Qualifications or Functional Experience:
• Ideally degree qualified with a minimum of 5 years post graduate Manufacturing/production Engineering experience, gained within a low to medium volume high precision quality CNC machining environment.
• Has a background in jig & fixture design, including build & prove out.
• Experience of 5 axis machining of complex surfaces
System or Knowledge:
• Able to work with IT systems and possess a good level of PC literacy.
• Experience of working in a Quality Environment
• Experience of working with CAD & CAM packages ideally Solidworks / SolidCam
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources on (Apply online only)