|Job Ref:||204439186||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Crawley||Address:||Post Code:||RH10||Salary:||£27000 - £30000/annum Excellent Company Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:50|
Our client requires Junior Service Support and this position is ideally suited to those with experience of field service work who would prefer an in house role. You will approximately be 90% in house, 10% out on site.|
Essential Qualifications & Skills
• Electrical or Electronic Engineering City & Guilds Level 1&2&3 or HNC/HND or Degree (could be Industrial Engineering specialising in Electrical / Electronics)
• Previous experience of 3 phase industrial environments
• Computer literate (Word, Excel - intermediate level)
• Good customer service communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Meticulous, accurate and confident (with the ability to close out)
• Must speak clear fluent English (including technical vocabulary)
• Free to work in the UK without visa restrictions
• Foreign language (any is desirable. The most used languages: German, Spanish, French)
• 16th and/or 17th Edition qualification
• Knowledge of PCBs & PLCs (up-loading of programmes and interrogation of fault record for trouble shooting)
• Knowledge and/or previous experience of a computer software service module - we use Navision MRP
• Current manual driving licence
• Extensive training is provided for all staff. You will be given in house training in production to gain knowledge of our product range, and see the flow of materials from goods in, to assembly (electrical/electronic & mechanical), test (full system testing, analysis & fault finding) and despatch.
• You will accompany experience Service Technician's on installations, commissions, tests, service and repair visits.
• In house Navision MRP training from department staff.
• Other courses as identified and required.
Tools & Clothing
All necessary tools and safety equipment are provided, including PPE (safety shoes, etc. as required).
- Customer support through telephone and email. Dealing with issues and problems with customers in a logical and calm manner
- Planning Service Technicians visits, organising and booking travel arrangements, hotels etc. Liaising with customers to agree time & dates for service visits
- Briefing Service Technicians prior to scheduled work, liaising with them on site regarding faults, installations and service visits
- Checking Technicians' time sheets against the service staff planner and their site visit reports for accuracy and technical changes to be recorded on the J drive
- Spare parts administration, identifying parts required, producing quotations, and converting quotes into orders
- Electrical fault diagnosis, reading electrical related drawings, wiring diagrams circuit diagrams, logical approach to fault diagnosis required
- Mechanical fault diagnosis, reading 2D and 3D mechanical drawings understanding measurements and tolerances
- Software - Understanding different types of HMI, PLC and dedicated controllers, being able to communicate with others to operate from afar
- Collection of commissioning information and release codes, updating the database accordingly
- Visiting customer sites both in UK and overseas (sometimes at short notice) when required.
- Using your foreign language capability to speak to relevant customers
• Basic annual salary: £27,000 - £30,000
• Thereafter salary scale increases according to level or competency & experience
• Monday - Friday 08:45 - 17:15. As a minimum. It is expected that staff respond to customer needs, and work over and above the standard office hours as and when required
• Pension on joining the company
• Life assurance, after qualifying probationary period (6 months)
• Private healthcare and increased pension contributions after further qualifying period (2-3 years)
• Out of pocket expenses reimbursed - if travel is required
• 33 days holiday, including Bank holidays. After long service holiday increases further
If you are interested in this role and would like to hear more, please go through the link and we will call you to discuss the role and company on more detail.
Terry Parris Associates are recruitment consultants whom value the needs of their clients and candidates. We are always happy to discuss vacancies, so if you are interested in this or any other position we have please give us a call