|Job Ref:||204439449||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Fareham||Address:||Post Code:||PO14||Post Date:||11/10/2016 09:04|
Requisition Number: 2694|
Department: EMC Service Line
Reporting to: Supervisor of EMC Service Line
Location: Octagon House, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 5RL
TÜV SÜD Product Service is part of the Certification Division of the TÜV SÜD Group and is a world leader in testing and product certification. With over 50 years' experience in the UK, TÜV SÜD Product Service provides peace of mind that products are safe, reliable and compliant by providing testing, product certification, knowledge services and training to a range of industries covering the Aerospace, Defence, Electronics & Consumer, Machinery, Marine, Medical, Rail and Telecommunications sectors.
Working as part of a team of EMC specialists, the successful applicant will contribute to the provision of a comprehensive EMC testing service to a wide range of industry sectors. The successful candidate will contribute to and often initiate efficiency improvements, many of which will include the management, manipulation and presentation of electronic test data for reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• EMC testing in both screened enclosure and in-situ environments.
• Electronic logbook keeping and data collation.
• Test plan (where required) and report writing.
• Test equipment / method development and evaluation.
• Test procedure generation including provision of photos and measurement uncertainty calculations.
• Provide assistance to customers during failure phase of their EMC test programme and general consultancy prior to start of job.
• Validation of clients' requirements (may require site visits).
• Assistance to the sales team with provision of information to enable quote generation.
• Develop as specialist in a specific area of testing i.e. rail, marine, radio EMC requirements, etc.
• Provision of training to engineers regarding specialist area.
• Involvement in Continuous Improvement projects
• An HNC (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline.
• Proven experience in an engineering environment with a bias towards electrical or RF.
• Self driven with a clear focus on high quality.
• Ability to address testing in parallel with reporting.
• Comfortable dealing with customers at all levels.
• Sound written communication skills.
• Good commercial awareness.
• Flexibility and willingness to work offsite or conduct shift work, where required.
• Familiar with use of MS Office suite of tools: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Working knowledge of EMC testing requirements.
• Working knowledge of international compliance requirements including R&TTE directive, EMC Directive and FCC requirements.
• Ability to provide an overview of military or civil EMC standards