|Job Ref:||204443871||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:10|
Product Development Engineer -12 Month Fixed Term|
Job ref: EG/35739
Our Client develops and manufactures plastic pipes and fittings for the gas, water and wastewater sectors, as well as producing solutions for the telecoms market.
The business is the only provider to offer solutions spanning the entire pipe lifecycle and work closely with customers to find solutions for today and tomorrow's pipeline challenges. Their unique pipe systems have made them long established market leaders.
The primary responsibility is to create or assist in creating, product designs that fulfil the companies requirements and those of the customer/client, whilst integrating the needs of stakeholders such as marketing, sales and the manufacturing departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• As part of the Product Development team, using an operating procedure/framework founded on stage and gate principles, perform one or more of the following duties as assigned by the Innovation & Technology Director, the Development Services Manager, or the Project Team Leader, to support the Team's goals.
• To work in concert with other Engineer's or alone, as the Engineering resource to Teams responsible for delivering major development projects or multiple simultaneous smaller projects.
• Work closely with other Team members and stakeholders, to ensure that the product design is viewed from a system wide perspective.
• Lead, participate in, or support, the following product development activities.
• Concept, planning, design and execution stages of major new products or product improvements/enhancements.
• Risk Assessment exercises.
• Prototyping and testing concept designs & engineering builds.
• Pilot Production.
• Design Reviews.
• Design verification testing.
• Pre-production proving trials.
• Lead or assist in developing formal project plans with Project Team members and stakeholders.
• Research design options and perform trials as necessary to determine design feasibility.
• Interact with internal and external design / manufacturing resources to ensure design is process capable, i.e. repeatable, robust and effective.
• Report the status of authorised projects using the One Page Project Management procedure to ensure that any issues preventing the project from being delivered on time/in full are captured and communicated.
• A degree in an Engineering discipline (preferably Mechanical Engineering) or a related technical discipline for example Materials Technology.
• 5 years' experience working in a product development design role preferably within a manufacturing environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proven experience working in cross functional teams.
• Proven experience of using AutoCAD.
• Fully conversant using Project Planning software e.g. Microsoft Project or similar.
• Proven experience of using problem solving techniques to ensure project delivery.
• Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept and usability testing.
• Given that development assignments can be broad in nature, the following key behaviours have been identified.
• Willingness to take the initiative & a 'can do' attitude.
• Willingness to take calculated risks as opposed to passing up opportunities to progress issues.
• Ingenuity / Originality - willing to challenge "existing practice".
• Effectively interacts with people at all levels of the organisation; is credible
• Co-operates effectively with other areas and disciplines
• Takes responsibility for own actions and decisions
• See's projects through to completion with drive and determination.
• Modifies approach when faced with new opportunities or challenges
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions: Arabplast 2015, NPE 2015, Elmia 2015, PlastMilan 2015, Chinaplast 2015, Plastpol 2015, PDM & PSS 2015, Kunststoffen 2015, Fakuma 2015, Scanpack 2015, Advanced Engineering 2015
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest -
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers