|Job Ref:||204444708||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Norfolk||City:||King's Lynn||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum + BENEFITS||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:10|
My client, an international medical devices manufacturer, is currently looking for two Mould Process Engineers to join their growing team in King's Lynn. This is a brilliant opportunity for an individual who has worked in the industry before and has experience of Plastic Injection Moulding.|
Your role, as a Mould Process Engineer, will include the following:
• Responsible for moulding process and documentation development for all stages of tool validation for prototype tools, tools for clinical trials and commercial / production tooling.
• Assist the completion of process optimisations for new tooling to ensure the correct & appropriate actions are taken with respect to tooling, process and equipment.
• Proactively provide technical guidance to internal and external customers related to component design, specification setting, polymers and moulding.
• Lead and manage the introduction on emerging technologies that help reduce costs.
• Identify and evaluate suppliers and services providers for moulding and tooling who are capable and would be open to explore opportunities for positive differentiation between my client and other competitors
• Identify emerging technologies together with operational and business requirements/needs in order to evaluate and propose technology platforms or approaches that will provide potential competitive advantage in the area of Tool Approval for New Product Introduction and cGMP production.
• Identify and manage projects to improve product moulding process robustness, reduce costs and or reduce timelines.
• Provide a "hands-on" approach to all customers and external suppliers related to problem solving of tooling and moulding issues. Generate reports on observations, options and recommendations.
The ideal Mould Process Engineer candidate will have the following:
• Minimum 6 years experience in Plastic Injection Moulding that includes asset care and improvement related to injection moulding machines, tooling, automation and infrastructure.
• A relevant qualification to plastic processing/material technology with a demonstrable track record of completing formal training in plastic processing (BPTA, G&A) - also HNC/HND/Degree level in Engineering or relative experience
• Knowledge of Scientific Injection Moulding disciplines with tool design and polymer science experience and knowledge.
• Experience in Validation (Process or Product) and Risk Management Process, including the application of Project Management principles.
• Data driven approach to problem solving using analytical tools, including RCA.
• Good written, oral communication, report writing, presentation skills and IT skills.
• Desirable to be trained in Modflow analysis software or anything similar and the ability/experience to view 2D and 3D CAD formats
The role will pay circa £40,000 (dependent on suitability) + benefits (this is based on 37.5 hours weekly)