|Job Ref:||204441938||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£30000 - £35500/annum Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:47|
Role: Maintenance Technician|
Salary: circa £35'500
Shifts: 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am
(On Fridays the shifts will be 5am - 12pm, 12pm - 7pm, 10pm - 5am)
The business is represented at over 45 locations in over 25 countries and employs more than 10,000 people across the world,
* To ensure production targets and quality objectives are met by contributing to the effective maintenance of all plant machinery and equipment.
* To work as part of a team responsible for meeting quality, cost and timing targets within the role.
* BTEC Certificate Engineering, City & Guilds Electrical Installations Parts I & II or equivalent.
Required knowledge, skills and experience:
* Multi skilled engineer (Electrical and Mechanical) with knowledge of Pneumatics and Hydraulics
* Understanding of automotive manufacturers practices would be preferred
* Good, sound engineering background I.e. an understanding of manufacturing processes (automotive experience an advantage)
* Comprehensive understanding of equipment mechanics / limitations etc.
* Able to understand modern engineering philosophies for example Kaizen, Poke Yoke, JIB, Muda, 5's, standardised work, FMEA, ISO14001 would be preferred
Specific Tasks / Measures:
* Diagnose and rectify equipment problems quickly and efficiently
* Investigate permanent solutions to equipment problems
* Plan and implement equipment improvement
* Ensure that all processes meet health and safety requirements and that procedures are followed
* Carry out planned maintenance work
* Contribute to the improvement and development of the planned maintenance system
* Assist in the management of maintenance stores