|Job Ref:||204445010||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Salary:||£16500 - £20000/annum||Post Date:||06/10/2016 02:10|
Test & Inspection Engineer
MUST HOLD FULL CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE
Location: Sheffield OR within 1 hour commute of M25
£16500 to £20000 (depending on experience)
An excellent position for a test and inspection engineer, this role will require you to travel and be away from home for up to a week at a time.
Role and Skills
• To test and inspect fall protection systems/devices/access equipment including cable-based fall protection systems, abseil/eyebolt and fall arrest ladders using numerous testing methods.
• To deal with clients in face-to-face situations.
• To notify the Test & Inspection Manager of any problems or defects relating to the system / component inspected / tested
• To be familiar with the test procedures for each component
• To be aware of problems that can occur with each component
• To be aware of the correct methods/materials required to repair each component
• To have an understanding of the current Work at Height (Amendment) Regulations 2007 and any future amendments or updates
• To follow job pack, method statement & risk assessment to ensure each test / inspection is carried out in a safe and effective manner.
• To regularly (at the end of each job) provide a report on the findings of each inspection / test.
• To liaise with the client and provide feedback on the performance of his / her system.
• To promote our client, its products and services.
• IPAF 3a, 3b, 1b
• Latchways installer cert.
• Capital Safety installer cert.
• IT literate
• Rigging / Lifting certs.
• Roof Top Safety
Skills and Behaviours:
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work safely at Height
• Time management
• Use of Microsoft Packages - Outlook, Word,
• Ability to read construction drawings
• Knowledge of Work at Height (Amendment) Regulations 2007
• Knowledge of Health & Safety at work Act (1974)
• Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
• Construction (Design and Managements) 2007
• Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
• PPE at Work Regulations 1992