|Job Ref:||204454335||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Witney||Address:||Post Code:||OX28||Salary:||£26000 - £31500/annum||Post Date:||05/10/2016 02:08|
My well established engineering client based in the Witney area is currently looking to recruit a CNC programmer to join their experienced team of skilled engineers.
The main scope of the role is to Set, Operate and program CNC Machine Tools to a very high standard producing high end components using the Machine Tools to the dimensional accuracy of drawings within scheduled timescales.
This role would suit candidates wishing to build upon their programming skills that have just completed their apprenticeship or looking to learn additional programming skills.
• Fully set, operate and program multi axis CNC machining centres to a high level.
• Understand and be able to interpret a production schedule.
• Program, set and operate said CNC machines so that the production plan is met.
• Facilitate machine utilisation, set up the said CNC machine tools in order that an optimum duration of unmanned running is achieved.
• Carry out in process inspection of components.
• To hand Deburr and fettle detail components.
• Experience of Cad Cam would be beneficial
• Be able to read and understand CNC Programmes, using the machine interface.
• Ensure high level focus on 5 S's throughout.
• To ensure that production schedules & performance targets are met within the framework of the Quality & Health & Safety Policies.
• To ensure that you are trained sufficiently to carry out the tasks allocated.
• To support the Design & Technical function by providing information for SOPs and problem solving activities.
• To be responsible for the quality of each product manufactured in the area of your responsibility that is ultimately shipped to the customer and its conformance to the Quality standards.
• Using the proved techniques, for continuous improvement and seek out opportunities for cost reduction and cost control, initially by concentrating on OTIF & NRFT.
• Advise on such matters that affect the performance within your team which are not under your control.
• Ensure that after inspection the product, it is progressed to the next process in the agreed manner and the systems are updated accordingly.
• Ensure that all associated machines and tooling are kept in good working order at all times.
• Able to CNC machine to high standards.
• Able to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Ability to work efficiently and effectively so that production throughput is maximised (measured by delivery against agreed date on the production schedules)
• Adherence to required quality procedures (measured by non-conformance reports from the Quality Team)
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work to standards and specific instructions
• Ability to identify and to question sub-standard process/product
• PC Literate
• Problem solving techniques ability to work on own initiative. (Logical and systematic approach)
• Flexibility and willing to learn new skills
Hours of work are 08.00 - 17.00 (Monday to Friday) Covering 40 paid hours per week.
My client is offering a competitive salary of £26,000 - £31,500per annum.
Please submit your CV today for immediate consideration