|Job Ref:||204451200||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||me4 4hu||Address:||Salary:||£28700/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:49|
Demob Job Reference: j2582|
Job Title: Shift Maintenance Engineer (x2)
Location: Chatham, Kent
Salary: £28,700 including Shift Allowance
Our client is a well established and leading provider of support services to the whole UK economy including hospitality, healthcare, general industry, and other organisations. They are now looking for two hands on Shift Maintenance Engineers, ideally electrically biased, to join their high volume production plant in Chatham, Kent.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army (REME), Royal Navy (Marine Engineer) or Royal Air Force (RAF) coming from an electrical/mechanical engineering background and / or have previously worked within a production / manufacturing role.
- Ensure that production machinery/equipment is achieving maximum efficiency.
- You will be responsible for reactive breakdown repairs and adhere to the planned preventative maintenance (PPM) schedule.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of electro-mechanical systems including hydraulics, conveyors, mono rail bag systems, LP steam, water softeners, LP air compressors and associated systems; pumps, 3 phase 440V supplies, 230V single phase supplies, industrial ironers, dryers, pneumatics, motors, press machines, steam systems, drives, belts, piping systems, high volume production equipment, mechanical/electrical machinery along with other associated plant.
You will be able to apply your previous engineering background and experience to achieve the very highest levels of plant maintenance. Reporting to the Engineering Manager/General Manager, you will be self-motivated and innovative in approach, capable of working within a proactive team and be committed to Planned Preventative Maintenance and the highest standards of Health & Safety.
- Must hold a minimum of Electrical Engineering qualification of City & Guilds 236 or equivalent.
- Required to respond to reactive machine breakdowns.
- Assist in creating a safe and healthy working environment.
- Ensure that machinery and equipment are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency and comply with all Health & Safety Requirements.
- Adhere to a preventative planned maintenance programme, covering equipment and services as laid down in the company procedures.
- Liaise with Senior Engineers, General Manager, Production Managers and Production staff as necessary.
- Ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Update maintenance log.
- Proven knowledge of fault finding and diagnosis.
- Good communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Good organisational skills.
- Mechanical/Electrical skills.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Salary £28,700.
- Shift Pattern - 6am - 2pm, 2pm - 10pm - 10pm - 6am.
- Pension scheme