|Job Ref:||204457994||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Code:||OX16||Post Date:||03/10/2016 02:12|
Dematic is a global engineering company that provides a comprehensive range of intelligent warehouse logistics and materials handling solutions. Our commitment to solution development, combined with engineering centres and manufacturing plants in North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, ensures Dematic has the range and capability to provide reliable, flexible, cost-effective solutions globally, with a global business volume of approximately $1.3 billion. |
Our business is based on the design, delivery and then maintenance of small and large scale engineering projects for our customers.
An intrinsic part of the success of these projects therefore is the ability to robustly cost the projects in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Head of Estimation, the Senior Estimating Engineer will be responsible for managing the estimation process for assigned projects working with key parts of the Dematic business and external suppliers delivering the estimation solution to sales leads, sales managers and solutions managers.
• Occasionally attending site visits to better understand the customer requirements
• Focusing on the development and application of core standard solutions and 'sub modules' (for example put stations) in order to create suitable solution costs to meet the customer's challenges
• Creation, population and maintaining of the project costing sheet in conjunction with the Head of Estimating
• Dealing with product centres to obtain costing and also lead times for Dematic Equipment
• Working with sub suppliers where required to complete solutions and gain prices for an sub contracted items
• Working with Purchasing to ensure suitable partners & suppliers are being selected both pre and post order placement
• Generation of the project programme in order to develop project hours requirements
• Attending design reviews to make sure all costs for the solution are covered
• Running cost sign off sessions with Project Management, Engineering and Directors
• Supplying suitable offer document material, under the direction of the bid writers or sales lead, calling upon the skills of others (for example commercial lead, technical lead etc).
• Occasionally attending customer presentations and providing the required level of technical input to the discussions
• Mentoring of the Support Engineers
To be successful in this highly business critical role, you will have previous experience of managing the estimation process ideally for automation; materials handling or warehousing projects; you will have solid autocad experience and advanced excel capabilities; you will have the ability to communicate effectively with customers both external and internal, above all however will be the desire to own the estimating process; challenge current thinking and deliver winning solutions to our customers