|Job Ref:||204461687||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Herefordshire||City:||Herefordshire||Address:||Post Code:||HR7||Salary:||£50000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:48|
Salary: 50-55k (Dependant on experience)
Location: Hereford, Herefordshire, Ludlow, Leominster
My client is a leading supplier of plastic components for the Automotive sector - supplying a range of interior and exterior components.
Overview of Role:
• The Project Manager is accountable to the Head of Programs for all programme activities and tasks related (to a project) from initial kick-off through to closure.
• Project/Program Management is an activity that takes much time and effort (through continuous planning, execution of duties and reacting to change). It has its own discipline and body of knowledge.
• Whilst the Project Manager is not required to 'know everything about the subject matter' in their project, it is their responsibility to ensure that the project has or has access to people with the right level of experience or specialised skill base.
• The Project Manager must be a subject matter expert in project management, and should ideally also have experience of industry (Automotive) - It is the project management expertise that is the primary function of this role, because that is the prime need for the role to exist.
• It is imperative that Project Managers have a demonstrable ability to manage projects, which should be evidenced within their career history (CV).
• Minimum of 5 years in Lead Project Manager position / experience level required for this position.
• Assurance that the Product Design Specification (PDS, Engineering Statement of Work (SOW)/ Similar Engineering Engagement complies with relevant customer standards and policies, plus any associated contract with the supplier
• Confirmation with Business Management of project tolerances
• Clear Roles & Responsibility definition to internal team and expectations
• Specification of external constraints on the project - i.e. Quality Assurance (method specific to Customer)
• Approval of an accurate and satisfactory Program Definition (Phase 1 / NPI Process)
• Maintaining close-working/good communication relationship with Manager
• Defining the program and securing stakeholder approval
• Planning the program and securing stakeholder approval
• Leadership of Function Managers, and supporting personnel on Program content, organisation and methodologies
• Monitoring performance of process and programme progress
• Issue and tracking of Work Packages for stakeholders
• Management of project risks, including development of contingency plans
• Take responsibility for overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective actions where necessary
• Program Quality Assurance supported by Program Quality Manager
• Program Financial Control supported by Program Financial Controller (if different to PM)
• Report to the PST (Programme Steering Team) through Report/Gateway Stage Assessments (NPI Gateways)
• Review of each completed stage and approval of progress to the next Phase
• Review and approval of Gateway Stage Plans and mitigation of any exceptions
• Approval of changes - Project changes, engineering change management
• Realisation of required documentation, release process and submission of programme results to the business
• Representation of the program/program team in internal & external committees as required
• Control and management of Supplier Base
• Monitoring & Tracking of Payments / Cash-Flow supported by the Finance Controller
• Managing and influencing stakeholders until program completion achieved
• Informing stakeholders of progress
• Delivering the program deliverables and benefits on time
• Managing the performance of everyone involved
• Fully responsible for Project administration - ensuring TS16949 Audit of Master Files
• Assurance that all products have been delivered satisfactorily
• Assurance that all acceptance criteria have been met
• Approval of the End Project Report
• Approval of Lessons Learned Report
• Project Closure notification
• Project Management Tools / Methodologies (preferable knowledge or experience)
• PMI's PMBOK Guide • Prince2 • APQP/PPAP • Various national methodologies under the IIPM Umbrella, ie. APM
• Responsibility is the obligation to ensure that the project tasks or a piece of work is carried out efficiently, to the relevant quality standards - and on time.
• Your role demands that you create a climate in your team where responsibility is clearly defined and accepted. Without acceptance, there is no commitment and the work is not done well or willingly.
• Must have Tier 1 Automotive experience
• Cradle to Grave Project Management
• Engineering qualification: HND+
• Must have a knowledge of plastics within the Automotive sector
• Appreciation of tooling would be desirable
To apply for this role please submit your latest CV or contact Aspect Resources