|Job Ref:||204463043||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Basingstoke||Address:||Post Code:||RG21||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:22|
Strategic business unit:
Meggitt Sensing Systems is a leading supplier of high-performance sensing, monitoring, power and motion systems.
Meggitt Sensing Systems specialises in designing products to operate under harsh and demanding conditions. Our systems are used in a diverse range of markets and applications, from aircraft and space launchers to gas turbines and heart monitors. This requires Meggitt's smart engineering for extreme environments.
Product groups include Avionics, Inertial Sensing & Ignition, Performance Sensing, Power & Motion and Sensing & monitoring.
Meggitt Sensing Systems' organisation is based on product value streams - groups of products with similar technologies or applications providing customers with more integrated solutions and comprehensive through-life support. Engineering and manufacturing is located in Denmark, France, Switzerland, UK, USA and Vietnam. Our sales and support network extends across North and South America, Asia and Europe.
The Commercial Manager has responsibility to ensure that both Meggitt and the Customer adhere to the provisions of their agreements. This individual is responsible for the life of a contract, from supporting the business in winning the contract, the management of the contract, its modification and interpretation to exit. The Commercial Manager also assesses contractual and commercial risk and provides appropriate advice to the various internal stakeholders and to the Sensing and Monitoring Value Stream leadership.
• Actively supports the bid team in responding to RFI's or RFP's including obtaining necessary internal approvals, leading on less complex and supporting Director Commercial on complex opportunities
• Drafts, reviews and negotiates commercial documents such as NDA's and Terms and Conditions leading on less complex and supporting Director Commercial on complex opportunities
• Assist / lead in the dissemination of agreements
• Administers the contract management system
• Monitors and reports on performance against contracts
• Drafts and negotiates contract amendments
• Assists / lead in contract closedown/exit activities
• Provides support, training and mentorship to internal business teams in the area of contract terms as required
Key skills and competencies required:
• Commercial Management experience in Aerospace or other high technology led market is essential
• Degree qualified
• Pre-contract award/Bid management experience is essential
• Experience of negotiating contracts is essential
• Aerospace experience is preferable
• Legal background and qualified in LBB or similar is preferred
• IACCM accreditation preferred
• Entrepreneur nature
• Proven negotiating skills, with the ability to achieve results without alienating the Customer.
• A willingness to learn new technologies and product ranges,
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Suite
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Excels at operating in an fast pace, community environment