|Job Ref:||204468360||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Keighley||Address:||Post Code:||BD21||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum plus benefits package||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:48|
Position Design Engineer|
Reporting to: Director of Engineer
Date: August 2016
Working as part the Engineering Team, the Design Engineer will be a key part of the Design & Development of future Product for the growing client.
Undertake and deliver complex designs and documentation to support the Clients customer base. Suggest and make changes/improvements in the current designs to meet customer expectations.
Work closely with Production Engineering to realise elegant design solutions for demanding automotive customers predominantly in high volume engine, turbo and exhaust applications.
Designing solutions with a close detail to 'Design for Manufacture' (DFM) and seeing the product from concept through to Production handover.
Working to relevant British & International standards for Technical drawings and GD&T
Supporting continuous improvement through all levels of the Engineering functions as well as promoting innovations in our processes and technologies.
Due to the nature of the overseas market, the position will include a certain amount of International travel in support of other client companies or Customers.
• Work with the Director of Engineering and Projects team to deliver new Product concepts and innovations, in response to Customer Application requirements.
• Design alternatives to existing product in the marketplace while reviewing associated Patent literature
• File patents applications of new designs.
• Internal and External Presentations on the Technical aspects of the product, applications, processes.
• Assess current Product designs and associated Manufacturing processes to be able to produce new concepts to add value to product and / or manufacturing route (Design for Manufacture)
• Process and Product development projects as defined by the Director of Engineering (an understanding of DMAIC and statistical process methodologies would be desirable)
• Plan and report New Product development Milestones to the Engineering Management team.
• Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; recommending actions where applicable
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations. 5 S discipline approach
• Assist applications team in processing of enquiries into quotations by creating costed BOM's. & creating initial quotation drawings & 3D CAD to support. (Solidworks CAD system)
• Honesty, reliability and trustworthiness as well as independent and resourceful
• Experience within pressurised & demanding environments
• Ability to coordinate activities across a diverse team of people and functions
• Effective communication & motivation skills
• Decision making capability
• Proven track record of performance against key performance indicators including Quality, Cost & Delivery
• Strategic agility & results driven
Education and Qualifications
• Relevant Technical Qualification with an Engineering Discipline (Degree, HNC, OND)
• Technical Drawing qualification / Training would be advantageous
• Minimum 5 years' experience within Automotive or similar sector
• Hands on experience of manufacturing processes
• Design with Stainless Steel for high temperature applications
• Exposure to an High Volume design environment would be a distinct advantage
• Ability to produce 3D models & 2D drawings from Customer information
• Proficient use of CAD tools Solidworks 2016 software or equivalent software package
• Experience of supporting APQP requirements in accordance with Automotive standards e.g. TS16949
• Have an in-depth knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
o Design Engineering
o Design / Manufacturing of Commercial Exhaust systems
o Mechanical Testing
o Engineering Calculations
o CAD experience
• Experience or appreciation of statistical Process Control (SPC) & DMAIC methodology - 6 Sigma
• Capable of managing multiple Design projects in a fast paced automotive environment
• Proficient in the use of MRP & Microsoft Office software packages
Environmental, Health and Safety
• Comply with Health & Safety policy and standards.
• Take personal accountability for your own safety at work.
• Take reasonable care for your colleagues' health and safety.
• Identify and report hazards, incidents and accidents.
• Keep work areas clean and tidy.
• Use all equipment in a safe manner, observing the duty not to misuse or interfere with anything provided in the interests of health and safety.
Normal hours of work will be 38.50 per week. The hours are 8.15 am to 5.00 pm Monday to Thursday, and 8.15 am to 3.30 pm Friday. Lunch is 45 minutes staggered between 12 noon and 1.30 pm depending on the current workload.
Salary - competitive
Holidays - 22 working days holiday plus statutory days. Holiday allowance increases to a maximum of 26 days after 5 years' service.
There is a company pension scheme which, subject to its terms and conditions, you will be eligible to (and in some cases will automatically) join.
All Employees are eligible to participate in our SIPS scheme (Share Incentive Plan) after a minimum of 6 months continuous service at the start of each 6-month Accumulation Period.
All Employees are eligible for a share of our Group profit sharing scheme. Employees are eligible if they worked in the group the preceding year (i.e. 2015) and are employed when the share instalments are paid the following year (i.e. 2016) in June and December.
Death in service life assurance to the value of three times your annual basic salary whilst employed by the company