|Job Ref:||204465418||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Royston||Address:||Post Code:||S71||Salary:||£30000 - £45000/annum Shares, medical, 25 days, dental, pe||Post Date:||04/10/2016 02:12|
World-wide supplier of small scale automation systems are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to design complex electro-mechanical systems and robotic devices. The company operate from a purpose built technology complex with all design and manufacturing under one roof.|
The successful Mechanical Design Engineer will join a small team of 4 working on a mix of activities, ranging from care and maintenance of existing product lines to design of new and innovative systems. In addition to the design of complex electro-mechanical systems, you will be provided with the opportunity to work on the design of injection moulded consumable plastics that is used in their machines.
Mechanical Design Engineer required experience
- Proven experience of small scale mechanism design
- A natural problem solving ability applied to the creation of practical solutions
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
- A creative and inquisitive approach to the design process
- An analytical thinker
- An understanding of the processes involved with the design of systems that include pneumatics, sensors, fluid handling and electro-mechanical control devices
- A completer/finisher approach to the design process
- Proficient in the use of a recognised CAD design package (cross-over training is available for suitable candidates who have not used Autodesk Inventor)
- An understanding of machining processes
- Knowledge of the design processes used for injection moulded components
- Experience of taking designs from prototype through to established manufactured products
- Design of components suitable for Additive Manufacturing processes
- An understanding of the application of FMEA and DFMA processes
- Proficiency in the use of Autodesk Inventor Modelling Software including use of Autodesk Vault.
- Use of ERP systems to generate Bills of Materials.
- An understanding of electrical design, control systems and software development
- Experience of designing laboratory instruments
Position: Mechanical Design Engineer
Benefits: 25 days, pension, medical, dental, share plan, life assurance.
Key Skills: CAD, small scale mechanisms, electro-mechanical.
Apply: jamie AT enterpriserecruitment DOT com
If you don`t fit this requirement exactly but are interested in similar Mechanical Design Engineer roles feel free to e-mail a CV with your requirements as you may be suitable for other positions we are recruiting for. I specialise in recruiting Mechanical Design Engineers for electronics and engineering companies throughout the UK