|Job Ref:||204476534||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||East Essex||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:48|
MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN - East Essex|
Our client is a chemical manufacturing company with a plant in East Essex. They are looking for a Mechanical Technician to join the company on a permanent basis.
To ensure that they operate to the highest "Safety Standards" at all times, in terms of personal safety and the safety of others.
Carry out of site maintenance activities, ISO Tankers, HGV maintenance modifications or new projects with which the department may be involved with, on time and within budget.
Minimise plant and site reactive maintenance jobs by the effective co-ordination of the daily planned maintenance activities in accordance with production and site requirements.
Maintain the plant and equipment at Great Oakley Works all in accordance with company standards relating to Safety, Operability and to minimise down time whenever possible.
Contribute towards plant maintenance improvement and reliability by practising continuous improvement tools such as 5S and RCM.
• Ensure that the plant is kept in a safe and operable condition by carrying out the maintenance activities in a planned and organised way.
• Ensure that site fleet maintenance is carried out to meet all reliability and relevant compliance standards, cost effectively
• Report deviations from normal and work to correct such deviations or at least report those to your manager if you cannot solve them yourself.
• Work within all the site rules and procedures as defined for set areas and duties and equipment.
• Communicate clearly and effectively to other team members and others as required.
• Allocate work to contractors as required to aim for maximum efficiency within the department.
• Investigate and solve problems as they occur, within the remit of your skills, training and authorisation.
• Maintain a high standard of Hygiene and Housekeeping within your area of control.
• Participate in a continuous improvement philosophy by working with groups from time to time to ensure the facility meets high operational and customer standards
• Be proactive in looking for repeat failures where "Design Our Maintenance" could be applied.
• Aware of site security policies and responsibilities.
• Be part of the maintenance call out rota
Qualifications / Experience:
• 5 GSCE'S or equivalent
• Graduate Engineer with hands-on experience
• NVQ Level 3 Engineering Maintenance (Institute of Engineering and Technology) or Equivalent
• At least 3 years industrial processing plant experience, responsible for carrying out maintenance and engineering activities.
• Vehicle Maintenance (HGV's, ISO Tankers, Road Tanker Barrels) experience will be advantageous.
• Some Electrical systems competency, experience of plant and equipment isolation and basic electrical circuitry knowledge
• Specialist training: Fork Lift Truck Maintenance, Manual Handling, Welding and Grinding certification