|Job Ref:||204474993||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum £45-50k plus benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:48|
Lead Automation Engineer R&D|
+ Working within the R&D group to develop automation on production systems for the Biopharmaceutical market
+ Lead automation development or improvement from an early phase, managing specification, design, industrialization, and transfer to manufacturing as part of a global multi-disciplinary product development team.
+ This role will focus on common standards for automation architecture and overall strategy in collaboration with hardware and software engineering.
Essential Job Functions:
+ Interact with and support other departments and outsourced teams (such as supply chain, quality, logistics and product management) to facilitate handover and ensure all have required knowledge of products.
+ Be a resource for ongoing development projects by:
- Developing new design concepts in alignment with industry standards
- Transferring qualified design packages to engineering group for customer configuration
- Analyzing and identifying strong vendors and partners
- Leading prototype design, build, and testing
- Authoring documentation for internal audience as well as end users
- Providing ongoing expertise for technical problem solving post-launch
+ Collaborating with maintenance teams during development and assisting with generation of strong maintenance procedures.
+ Travel will vary according to project needs but may be up to 30% across multiple months. Yearly average of 20% or less. Travel will mainly include United States, Belgium, Germany and United Kingdom. Candidate must have capability to obtain entry into these countries given appropriate visa assistance.
+ Minimum degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering field or Computer Science degree with relevant automation experience.
+ 5+ years experience in an industrial Automation Engineering or relevant Product Design role
+ Demonstrated success in leadership including developing and executing project plans and reporting plans/results to management.
+ Proven track record of product development including management of outside contractors, automation architecture design, authorship of specifications, maintenance of appropriate documentation and ability to work within a global multi-disciplinary team
+ Language: Technical English fluency required
- Experience working with PLC code (from any major PLC supplier) and GAP
- Basic knowledge of one or more programming languages (C++, C#, WinCC, Python preferred)
- Soft prototyping capability in CAD packages such as SolidWorks, ProE or similar
- Familiarity with the biopharmaceutical industry and applicable security regulations for automated products such as 21CFR part 11
- Experience with developing products for use in GMP environments including a working knowledge of GAMP 5 development strategies
- Familiarity with common communications protocols such as OPC-DA/UA and Modbus (serial and Ethernet)
- Experience of software application life cycle management
+ Ability to read and/or communicate effectively in German/Dutch/French