|Job Ref:||204480453||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Accrington||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Salary:||£12.23 - £13.12/hour £13.12 after probation||Post Date:||04/10/2016 02:13|
8.00 - 16.30 Mon- Thursday
8.00- 15.30 Friday. The successful candidate will also be expected to work on other shifts when required.
Based in East Lancashire, our client offers a variety of highly technical and innovative products and services across the range of their global manufacturing facilities and through their well-established engineering and manufacturing partnerships with OEM's.
Our client is now looking for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician
Working within the existing maintenance and engineering team the Electrical Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of a variety of equipment including polyurethane processing equipment (experience of polyurethane equipment is desirable but not essential).
• Planned and corrective maintenance to ensure equipment safety and reliability.
• Respond to machine breakdowns and keep production downtime to a minimum.
• Completion of specific small non-breakdown projects within given timescales.
• Provide technical support to the Production Department to help solve problems.
• Maintain records for breakdowns & PPMs within the computer maintenance management system.
• Proactive approach to health, safety and environmental situations.
• Cover other shifts for holidays and sickness when required (overtime pay).
• Be part of a call out rota system (paid)
Skills / knowledge required:
• Fault finding and problem solving.
• Installation of services.
• Methodical / structured approach to fault finding esp. regarding machinery control panels
• Mechanical experience including pneumatics.
• Ability to read engineering drawings esp. electrical and pneumatic (mechanical desirable)
• Ability to understand simple ladder diagrams and to use these to fault find when a PLC is involved with machinery control.
• Understand inverters to a point where you could replace units and load the correct parameters
Desirable but not essential:
• Make simple modifications to PLC programs if required.
• Control and instrumentation - AC/DC drives & tension control systems
• Process control systems (flow/temperature/pressure).
• Recognised apprenticeship.
• City and Guilds level 3 in an Industrial Electrical discipline (minimum).
• 17th Edition IEE regulations.
For the right candidate that has motivation and commitment further training will be on offer where it is needed.
If you have the necessary skill set and interested by the role, please apply below