|Job Ref:||204476198||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£30/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:12|
Electromagnetic Capability (EMC) Test & Trials Engineer :|
World class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit a Electromagnetic Capability (EMC) Test & Trials Engineer
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (on-going after).
The hourly rate is £30 per hour.
Electromagnetic Capability (EMC) Test & Trials Engineer Job Description:
The Electromagnetic Capability (EMC) team has a range of standard and unique EMC test facilities [in the UK (Bristol) and in France (Paris)], capabilities and skills to support product development and formal qualification. The development of advanced testing techniques for complex weapon systems to meet demanding customer needs and the constant development new EMC test technologies aimed at improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the trials processes and company products is a key aspect of the work of the team.
The role is to undertake a range of EMC testing activities within the EMC skill team at a UKAS accredited test house. The successful applicant will apply specialist practical knowledge for the testing of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers to meet Def. Stan., AECTP and Mil. Stan. requirements. Future opportunity to develop within the military EMC skill area including providing EMC hardening advice to project engineers and participating in systems integration trials for platforms at other approved sites.
• Undertake EMC test engineering tasks to achieve project commitments, customer requirements, timescales and costs. Responsible for meeting EMC trials milestones on specific programmes.
• Provide expertise in writing detailed EMC Test Plans and other control & technical documents in support of product testing.
• Undertake trials assessments of all relevant EMC environmental requirements and including interpretation of test parameters, at complete product, sub-systems and equipment levels. Overall consistency of a logical approach to meet the various requirements for maritime, land & air systems and their deliverable support equipment.
• Plan, prepare and conduct of EMC trials programmes at system, subsystem and component level within internal facilities and / or at external test houses.
• Maintain and develop effective interfaces to project and external customers for all EMC Project activities.
• Identify, develop and recommend technical solutions for project failures attributed to EMC and Radio Frequency (RF) environments throughout the life cycle of the project equipment.
• Develop EMC testing strategy to keep pace with emerging technologies and threats.
• Providing inputs for the continuing development of the EMC trials facilities and capabilities.
• You will be involved in a range of programmes for land, maritime and air applications.
• You will have the opportunities to qualify for professional chartered engineer status.
• Opportunities exist for staff to develop European language skills and working on inter-European programs to be able to utilise and apply these skills. Opportunities to undertake some European travel in support of such programmes may also be available.
The EMC teams in the UK & France offer comprehensive test facilities, design advice, prediction and analysis, and a computational electromagnetic service to cover a wide range of specifications. The specialist laboratories in the UK and France have large screened anechoic chambers and Mode Stirred Reverberant Chambers which simulate intense electromagnetic radiation environments. They ensure that defence and aerospace systems are immune to electromagnetic threats arising in their environments and ensure that they do not unintentionally create any such threats to other systems in their neighbourhood.
• Knowledge of EMC Test and Measurement Instrumentation.
• Knowledge of EMC & RF test antennas and their appropriate utilisation.
• Knowledge of EMC & RF test techniques, methods and systems.
• Knowledge of data / signal processing and analysis.
• Educated to degree level or apprenticeship with applied practical experience.
• Knowledge of electronics engineering design, especially in filters, connectors & cable shielding.
• Knowledge of DEF STANs and related specs relevant to military EMC environments.
• Proven practical problem solving and analytical skills in the field of EMC test and design.
• Knowledge of analogue systems, RF systems and / or power supplies.
• Operational use or application of military equipment