|Job Ref:||204501811||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Salary:||£41.62/hour||Post Date:||09/10/2016 02:08|
Tactical Data Link Engineer:|
World class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage is currently looking to recruit an RF Tactical Data Links Engineer.
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after). The hourly rate is £41.62 per hour.
Tactical Data Link Engineer Job Description:
An opportunity has arisen in a team of specialised RF professionals.
The RF Systems Group is responsible for the specification and assessment of a range of sub-systems used within complex weapon systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
The successful applicant will work as part of a Project Team involved in integrating a military tactical data link into a complex weapon. Your key responsibilities will be to support the acquisition of a tactical data link and assist with its integration into a weapon system.
• Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models (e.g. Matlab, Simulink or similar)
• Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
• Providing technical expertise in design reviews and other forums
• Supporting trials in conjunction with suppliers and the customer
• Supporting the growth and improvement of existing and future test facilities.
• Varied work with a range of opportunities to support your professional development
• Support from a team with extensive experience of RF systems and subsystems and with access to testing facilities and design tools needed to supply state-of-the-art solutions.
• Development of RF expertise and the opportunity to cultivate/improve knowledge of many applications of the discipline
You will have experience of a broad and varied work content, which is dynamically changing
You will work in a highly skilled and experienced team covering all aspects of RF technologies from fundamental technology development to concepts and sub-system development including communication systems, radar, signature prediction and measurement
You will be in a team working at a level of theoretical modelling through to lab and field based testing
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience
• Ability to motivate yourself to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
• Detailed understanding of NATO Tactical Data Link doctrine, architecture and associated documentation.
• Understanding of JTIDS/Link 16; to include both JTIDS (transceiver) and Link 16 (messaging) functionalities.
• Detailed understanding of source documentation for JTIDS/Link 16 at both STANAG and MIL-STD level.
• Detailed understanding of the DLCP and ICP process, including the ability to comment in detail on extant DLCPs and counter propose.
• Detailed understanding of the concepts of Tactical Data Link operational, procedural and technical interoperability.
• Detailed understanding of the document sets and any certification processes associated with the above.
• Experience of generation of test strategies
• Experience with good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
Desirable Skills and Experience:
• Knowledge of current military communications systems
• Knowledge of spectrum management/co-siting interference calculations etc.
• Knowledge of current error correction, compression and encoding methodologies.
• Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
• Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
• Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS