|Job Ref:||204507064||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£35000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
Electrical Design Engineer - Energy Efficiency|
c. £35 - 50K + benefits
Lewis Davey have been approached by an award winning Energy Efficiency company to help source an Electrical Design Engineer for their London offices. The opportunity would allow the right candidate to join a rapidly expanding team with excellent in-house training and remuneration package.
Reporting to the Engineering & Estimation Manager, the successful candidate will work as part of the Engineering & Estimation team to design and cost energy monitoring projects in buildings for medium to large energy users.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Liaise with Client/Business Development team to understand project specifications and requirements;
• Liaise with Clients to acquire technical information, data, plans and drawings for the site;
• Review client's site information to ensure substantial understanding of the site and identifying list of activities to be carried out during the site visit;
• Perform desktop design and cost analysis based on Client's data and information to demonstrate cost viability of different solutions to the Business Development team;
• Working together with the Business Development team to prepare competitive tenders and proposals with compliance to tender specifications and the relevant statutory and regulatory requirements;
• Provide on-time accurate and professional technical support to the Business Development Team including attending client/site meetings where required during pre and post sales stage;
• Prepare and provide all necessary detailed design documentations to Projects team for design handover and project implementations;
• Administration works for quotation and order processing;
• Review costing of proposals and aid the introduction of new technologies to reduce costs and improve performance.
• There will also be a requirement to provide periodic support to our Projects, Commissioning and Service teams.
To be successful in this role, the candidate will need the following.
• Electrical/Building Services qualifications with specialised interest in building automation and data acquisition technologies, energy conservation and efficiency in buildings.
• Sound understanding of building services and how different services operate and their correlation within a building
• Ability to comprehend a building's electrical and mechanical services by reviewing of technical drawings, visual site inspection of the building and its Building Management System.
• Ability to formulate engineering concepts by develop design schematics, block diagrams and/or sketches
• Minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role.
• Previous experience in electrical cost estimation will be beneficial but not necessary.
• Organised approach to site investigation and documentation.
• Attention to details and capable to manage and prioritise multiple tasks.
• Effective English written and verbal communication skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge with Microsoft Words and Excel.
• Familiar with relevant Health and Safety, environmental, and quality legislation, requirements and procedures.
Services advertised are those of an employment agency. Lewis Davey recruits talented people and provides market intelligence and business development services to the Energy Efficiency, Low Carbon, Sustainability, Town Planning and Smart Cities industries.
For the last decade or so, we've specialised in working with sustainability and Low Carbon professionals looking to progress their careers in the direction they want to. We do this by spending time to understand your career goals and aspirations, providing feedback on how your candidacy might be perceived in the market and then keeping you informed of any relevant opportunities as and when they arise.
We are always looking to welcome more people to our network of sustainability professionals and work with you over your career as you look to develop and move forward.
Also be sure to interact and connect with us through our various social media channels accessible via our website