|Job Ref:||204506074||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sheffield||Address:||Post Code:||S1||Salary:||£22000 - £25000/annum Free parking, pension, bonus||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
The role: |
Due to improved growth over the past 2 years, our client a global manufacturer is looking to appoint an experienced Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing Buyer to join their busy team close to the Handsworth area of Sheffield. The successful candidate will be an instrumental part of a busy, developing team and will ensure customer satisfaction, retention, growth and create demand for our client's product groups.
We are currently offering a great career opportunity to candidates with experience in mechanical engineering and /or manufacturing. The role will involve supporting all site purchasing activities required to manufacture products on time whilst ensuring that the company achieves best value for money and meeting the demands of Operations and other functions.
• Purchasing sub-contract goods in a project driven environment
• Ensuring all Quality, Delivery and Cost KPIs are maintained in line with company expectation
• Liaising with the Design Engineer's to ensure cost is 'engineered-out' prior to design release
• Responsible for investigations of alternative materials, processes and technologies and their implementation into the business
• Develop and maintain supplier relationships at an appropriate level, carrying out supplier visits and hosted supplier meetings where necessary
• Responsible for robust negotiation with suppliers to ensure that the business achieves the best and most appropriate terms of trading
• Ensure that supplier planning activity and reviews are undertaken, and where required, providing guidance to ensure that future operational needs are met
• At all times maintain strict confidentiality regarding both supplier and company activity and information generally
• Develop contingency plans for product sourcing
• Work to short lead times whilst seeking best possible prices
• Demonstrate the use of ERP systems (SAP / NAV)
• Work closely with internal planning and quality departments
• Identification of preferred suppliers for existing business and future sourcing activities
• Supporting group strategies in line with business unit requirements
• Budget control
• Ensure effective communication with other UK and European based purchasing colleagues
Our client is a successful specialist manufacturer located on the border of Sheffield and Rotherham, close to excellent transport links. As a world leader in their market, my client is currently experiencing a period of growth.
Located in a down to earth, hardworking office the Manufacturing Buyer will be instrumental in the future success of the organisation. Ensuring all products are manufactured and delivered within OTIF expectations.
Sheffield S13. Close to motorway links and public transport routes.
Over the last 2 years our client has seen both their turnover and client list grow. Subsequently this is a new role within growing organisation. Career opportunities will be available for interested and motivated candidates.
• £22,000 to £25,000 DOE
• Company Bonus Scheme (based on company and personal performance)
• 24 days annual leave
• Contributory pension scheme