|Job Ref:||204510037||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bracknell||Address:||Post Code:||RG12||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Shift allowance, Pension, Healthcare||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:12|
A 3rd Line Support Engineer confident in supporting Microsoft systems has opened up within a research and development company in the midst of a major growth period due to ongoing product success. This role requires an expert in Microsoft Server, SQL and TCP/IP networks, and will be hands on problem solving from the very beginning.|
This ambitious 3rd line Support Engineer would be providing product support for this company`s major global clients from Europe and the US, dealing with problems such as:
• Troubleshooting system (Microsoft based) and (TCP/IP) network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
• Providing support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports so that they can be published as solutions for a customer portal;
• Supporting the release of new applications;
• Testing and evaluating new company products from a support perspective;
• Installing and configuring all company products, including hardware and software applications; and
• Guiding staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
3rd Line Support Engineer Requirements:
• Industry experience of supporting new applications/products release for external clients.
• Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking technologies, protocols and design principles.
• Confident in SQL server.
• Detailed knowledge of Windows OS environments.
• Friendly telephone manner.
• If you speak German or another European language this would be a plus, but not essential as all support is based in English.
20% year on year growth for 3 successive years and major worldwide long term contracts attained. They now need multiple new 3rd line Support Engineer within this pioneering research and development company. They have created a niche product around patented display and low power communications technology which will soon touch all of our lives. The company`s exploding sales make this an exciting time to join (their sales team has increased by 9 this year) and the R&D team will near on double, with many roles filled already!
In return you can expect a base salary of up to £35k with shift 'on call` allowances on top, which can be a substantial boost to your package. On top of this you will receive a generous pension, private medical and holiday package, and numerous day-to-day perks, including the option to work at home on Fridays!
Windows / SQL Server / TCP/IP / Troubleshooting / Networking / Client-Facing