|Job Ref:||204511595||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£41.62/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:32|
World class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit 2x experienced Simulation and Modelling Engineers (Guidance & Control Engineer).|
Please Note: you must be eligible for SC (Secret Level) Security Clearance.
The contract is initially for 6 months (ongoing after). The hourly rate is £41.62ph
• Support the design, development and test of Mid-Course Guidance, Homing Guidance, Control and Navigation algorithms for missile applications.
• Analysis of closed-loop model simulations.
• Analysis of sub-system and system trials/firing data.
• Generate/maintain justification documentation.
• Prepare and present material at Design Reviews.
• Work with Systems, Simulation & Modelling and Software Engineers to support the validation and verification process, particularly in terms of algorithm integration and test in the 6-DoF Performance Model and generation of Embedded Software through auto coding via the Mathworks toolset.
• Practical experience of modelling flight dynamics (essential)
• Practical experience of Matlab / Simulink (essential)
• Practical experience of developing Guidance, Control & Navigation systems (preferable) - e.g. Guidance Laws, Estimators/Observers, Kalman Filters, Autopilots, Optimal Control, Multivariable Control, H-infinity, Mu-analysis, Integrated Navigation
• Trajectory optimisation (preferable)
• Knowledge of sensors (preferable) - e.g. Accelerometers, Gyros, Inertial Measurement Units, GPS, RF and IR Seekers.
• Knowledge of actuation systems in relation to autopilot design (preferable)
• Experience of delivering on a product development programme (preferable)