|Job Ref:||204516359||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Banbury||Address:||Post Code:||OX16||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:07|
Our large prestigious client based in Banbury are looking for an experienced Assembly Maintenance Technician to their growing team.|
The main purpose of this role is to provide a total service to the assembly area in terms of response, cost control & quality of work. To act as an integral member of the assembly team to ensure the effective & efficient running of the department.
* Rapid response to all assembly related breakdowns, or imminent failures that could affect quality or production.
* Use root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of failures, document and write new procedures/processes to aid prevention, use problem solving techniques and action plans, 8D's and 5 Why's.
* Introduce TPM techniques for operators and ensure they are being carried out on a daily basis.
* Assist in collecting technical data, critical spares, suppliers & vendors and ensure detail is readily available.
* Achieve 100% scheduled accomplishment of PM's issued, with task and instruction review for improvement.
* Management & control of improvement projects. Drive KPI Projects, analyse, collect data and provide monthly reports.
* Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained to an agreed 5s level. Assist in weekly audits and drive actions.
* Work with the Health & Safety Department to ensure all tasks are carried out only after risk assessments & safe systems of work have been agreed. Assist with the control of contractors working in the assembly area (H & S Approval, Method Statements, Risk Assessments, Inductions, Permits to Work).
* Assist with the procurement & organisation of all spare parts and ensure robust re-ordering systems are in place along with usage, cost & availability documentation / reporting.
* To provide technical assistance to the drafting of assembly machine specifications ensuring current legislation & requirements are included.
* To provide a flexible working approach, visiting equipment suppliers and occasional out of hours working.
Skills & Experience:
* Essential knowledge of Electrical, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, PLC's & Robotics.
* Strong diagnostic skills, good numeracy and communication skills (both verbal & written).
* Ability to train and monitor operators at Total Productive Maintenance.
* To understand machine quality requirements.
* Ability to work using one's own initiative with minimum supervision.
* Ability to work under pressure as well as listen and follow strict guidelines when it comes to safe working.
* Promote team working, Continuous Improvements, communication and feedback.
* Not to be afraid of reporting concerns be it machine or operator related.
This role is based permanently on nights and suitable candidates must have strong welding experience.