|Job Ref:||204519149||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||Hampshire||Address:||Post Code:||GU12||Salary:||£50000 - £70000/annum + Full Company Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:49|
The Job Purpose|
Working for a prestigious critical services company you will be part of a team responsible for the end-to-end operational availability and maintenance of the company's mission critical mechanical and electrical infrastructure.
This role relates specifically to Design and Engineering Management (DEM) function, with the emphasis on the Engineering Management function. You are expected to have a reasonable understanding of the entire project development life-cycle from pre-acquisition through to completion and handover to support and deliver the technical refresh of the company's electrical and mechanical infrastructure.
The role will require you to support and lead technical projects, the lead and management on all technical incidents, drive to resolution all aspects of problem management relating to the electrical and mechanical infrastructure.
You will have responsibility for directing the design and planning of the technical refresh projects to assure that consistent application of the company's standards (project, scope and quality) achieves the established budget (heavy emphasis on quality, availability and value-engineering) and schedule objectives set for the projects. A comprehensive and thorough understanding of engineering operations within critical environments is essential.
Desired Experience & or Qualifications
• Degree Qualified in an Engineering Discipline
• Member of the IMechE or IET or similar
• Chartered Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical)
• Successful track record of project management
• Experience in the use of MS Office Software and AutoCAD
• Proven experience of Project Management within Critical Environments
• Ability to understand, interpret and produce design drawings
• Knowledge of Life Cycle Project Development
• Demonstrate strong oral, communication and organisational skills.
• Prepared to take the initiative to resolve problems creatively and responsibly.
• Proven ability in developing solutions and gaining agreement with other people.
• Valid UK driving licence and transport
• A mechanical or electrical engineer by profession, the candidate will be able to evidence the technical ability to deliver concept and scheme designs whilst managing the complete and successful delivery of detailed designs produced by our supply-chain.
• Support the CIO and Head of Construction in the delivery of the company's DEM function and other preconstruction activities, including: the project scope definition in terms of operational requirements, verification of the developed design against contracted SLAs, operational cost and maintenance.
• Support the delivery of design solutions that are innovative, highly focused on commission-ability and future facility operations, yet placing emphasis on delivering value-engineered solutions aligned with the broader business requirements.
• Work intrinsically with the Head of Construction through-out the project life-cycle, in particular evaluating changes in project scope, clarifying design queries and monitoring quality. On acceptance of commissioning, formally confirm the design intent has been achieved, in-line with project processes and requirements.
• Directing and overseeing external the company Service Providers and Equipment Suppliers supporting the company's electrical and mechanical infrastructure.
• Responsible for maintaining the company's Engineering Standards and Guidelines to assure that standards are up to date and in accordance with industry best practices and meet the company's business objectives (with a heavy emphasis on quality, availability and value-engineering).
• Ensure that the company's Engineering Standards and Guidelines are maintained on the management system and adhered to throughout the development and refresh process.
• Responsible for ensuring the consistent application of the company's Engineering Standards and Guidelines across the company portfolio of technical refresh projects to maintain cost effective project master planning and turn-key data-centre development.
• Assist with maintenance of existing and the development of new vendor relationships (consultants, equipment suppliers) to ensure technically correct and cost effective designs and equipment for the company's engineering projects and operations.
• The Principle Engineer will be responsible for weekly project and operational reporting to the Chief Operating Officer to ensure that budget, availability SLAs, incident management and refresh project schedules and scope are being maintained. The Principle Engineer will also be responsible for communicating progress to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent management skills, the ability to manage, internally and externally, multiple individuals, project teams and vendors seamlessly to meet the company's project objectives.
• In conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer, be responsible for preparation and review of budgets and forecasts related to anticipate operational requirements and technical refresh of the electrical and mechanical infrastructure expenditures. Coordinate the review and production of detailed business case documents required to fulfill the company's procurement and spend processes.
• Ability to work with and communicate effectively within a strong management matrix incorporating senior management, operations, sales and finance.
Annual Basic Salary between £50,000 - £70,000 (subject to skills, qualifications and experience) for a 40 Hr/wk, Holidays and Mobile Phone amongst other company benefits