|Job Ref:||204519625||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Plymouth||Address:||Post Code:||PL3||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:49|
Experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer required to lead an existing team of Manufacturing Engineers striving towards a world class manufacturing site based in Plymouth. Reporting to the Industrial Engineering Manager the successful candidate will be hands on in assisting with New Product Introduction (NPI) across the site, as well as using lean techniques to make existing production processes more efficient. |
• Ensure that both new and existing processes and / or machines that are improved have the sustained capability to World Class status measured against Process Capability Indices.
• Lead New Product Introduction (NPI) within manufacturing to completion.
• Support manufacturing processes where necessary for problem solving and resolution.
• Working within the Industrial Engineering team, developing the strategic direction for the department linked to the overall manufacturing strategy.
• Implement the annual capital expenditure plan to deliver planned improvements.
• Lead the Engineering Change Notes (ECN) within manufacturing to completion.
• The ability to work with other departments, securing support from across the organisation to achieve challenging objectives.
• Identify and manage the continued professional development of the Industrial Engineers.
• Ensure the Industrial Engineering team work in a safe manner in all aspects of their roles.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
• 10 years experience of implementation processes within a Lean Manufacturing environment.
• Minimum of a HNC in a relevant Engineering qualification such as Mechanical, Electrical or Control Engineering.
• Chartered Manufacturing Institute (CMI) Level 3 or equivalent management qualification and experience.
• Proven track record of leading and engaging teams to achieve high levels of performance.
• Implementation of CPK values of 1.33 on all existing critical processes / machines and any new processes / machines.
• Ensure procedures are adhered to which maintain capability of processes / machines.
• Make process capability improvements that help towards achieving "zero defects".
• Improvements in OEE performance.
If you are an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer, and are currently looking for a new challenge, please submit an up to date CV by using the 'apply' button below.
For an informal chat with regards to this role please call (Apply online only) and ask for Samantha Luxton