|Job Ref:||204529229||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Incl call out||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
Maintenance Engineer (Electrical, PPM, Mechanical, Quality, Medical)|
£30k - £35k (incl call out)
Our client is a leading supplier of products to the medical devices advanced wound care market, developing fibres and fabrics for products that greatly improve patient outcome.
The Maintenance Supervisor will support the Maintenance & Facilities Manager in all aspects of Maintenance and Engineering functions including Production plants and equipment, Services, Building Infrastructure and Projects whilst maintaining compliance to the Quality Management System, Health, Safety and Environmental regulations and standards. The role will be responsible for 2 Maintenance Engineers and an Engineering apprentice.
• Ensure PPM schedules are carried out in accordance with the plan.
• Liaise with the Production Manager to prioritise equipment breakdown repairs.
• Provide mechanical and electrical engineering input to identify and resolve fault condition.
• Ensure all plant engineering work and is undertaken to meet Medical Device Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental requirements.
• Supervise and monitor contractors to ensure contractors on site perform to Medical Device Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental requirements.
• If required implement and maintain Health, Safety systems to achieve compliance e.g. permits to work.
• Remain well informed of relevant Engineering and Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
• Maintain the availability of services to ensure business functions are not interrupted by supporting the maintenance of equipment, for example Steam generators, compressors.
• Maintain the building infrastructure as required by the identification and repair of defects as required; providing engineering knowledge and experience for project work and assisting in any process validations that require any engineering input.
• Assist CAPA investigation and resolutions where an engineering input is required.
• Knowledge and understanding of safety systems and legislation.
• Previous experience in a supervisory or team leadership role.
• A completed apprenticeship in Engineering, preferably NVQ Level 3 in Maintenance Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical).
• Electrical Qualification City & Guilds 2365 level 3 diploma or equivalent.
• Able to get on with and influence people both internally and externally to achieve objectives.
• Strong people and inter personal skills, able to coach and lead people effectively.
• The ability to effectively communicate with Management and colleagues both verbally and in written format.
• A motivated, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
• Understanding of Medical Device regulations.
• Experience of operating to GMP standards.
• Knowledge and experience of a process plant environment and building service equipment.
SHIFT PATTERN: Monday - Friday (37.5 hours) 7.45am - 4.15pm plus call out.
Supervisory experience of a small team / Electrical qualifications to cover basics
Apprenticeship pref Maintenance or Mechanical or Electrical / HNC or HND or NVQ Level 3