|Job Ref:||204532515||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Midlothian||City:||Dalkeith||Address:||Post Code:||EH22||Salary:||£20000 - £25000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
DALKEITH - EXCELLENT SALARY AND PACKAGE
Headquartered in East Lothian Scotland, Edgar Stewart's client is a leading manufacturer of Diaries and Notebooks with a proud history. Their products are found all over the world, and they are a very well established business. Ongoing new product development, and the need to upgrade and improve legacy products means they now need to make the key hire of a Maintenance Electrician.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Electrician will be responsible for ensuring operation of electrical/mechanical systems, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment. You will also be experienced in fault diagnosis and rectification. Other core responsibilities are likely to include:
• To assess all relevant maintenance and repair situations concerning production equipment and buildings, and in the first instance make a decision based on your knowledge and understanding before referral to supervisor.
• Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on conveyors, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, and machinery wiring; following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications; troubleshooting.
• Installs new machines and equipment by installing power supply wiring and conduit to and between machines and equipment; using hand tools and test equipment.
• Repairs electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring; inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
• Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine electrical preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
• Repairs and replaces faulty electrical components by using testing equipment and hand tools to install relays, switches, motors, printed circuit boards, and position-sensing devices.
• Maintains electrical equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies;
• Conserves electrical maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintains technical knowledge by reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
You will be an educated time served electrical engineer with an industry qualification in a electro/mechanical discipline - City & Guilds/HND or equivalent is essential. Prior experience of working on industrial print and binding equipment would be desirable however not essential. You will also have the ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
What helps set this business apart from their products and global success, is a can do and people centric culture. We want to hear from people up for a challenge, who enjoy being part of a team and contributing to shared success. People with a highly positive outlook on life, inquisitive and with a good sense of humour tend to do well here.
To apply for this role please email your CV to our recruitment partner Alastair Edwards at Edgar Stewart Selection