|Job Ref:||204532730||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hertfordshire||City:||Hertfordshire||Address:||Post Code:||WD5||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
Our client is looking for a strong proven Audio Visual specialist Warehouse Manager to fill a recent opening there with them. They require someone who is confident with sound, lighting and video and managing teams of staff and PAT testing.|
They believe passionately that the fusion of creativity with technology delivers fantastic live experiences. For over ten years, they have combined this passion, with the talents in our team and grown significantly. From humble roots they now deliver projects stretching globally from New York to Paris and Dubai to Hong Kong.
They design and deliver memorable, creative, brand-focused live events and media. Our rare setup ensures that our clients and their audiences get the experience they deserve in the most efficient way.
Our in-house teams & equipment provide our clients with a unique combination of services.
The Technical Production team design and specify audio, lighting, AV, I.T. & rigging across all our live events. It's an extremely fast-paced environment, where shows come in and out at an aggressive pace. They own a lot of our own equipment, but also sub-hire regularly to supplement our stock.
The Technical Warehouse Manager is a pivotal role within the company. In addition to managing the Warehouse team, the Technical Manager will work closely with our production, operations, events, video and creative teams, to ensure all technical aspects of every show are delivered to the highest possible standards. You will also be responsible for overseeing traffic in and out of the warehouse, regularly liaising with the Head of Scenic on all their elements, to ensure the warehouse space is used safely and efficiently and all trucks are loaded/unloading in the correct order with the various elements.
The position requires someone with exceptional technical ability, with great leadership skills, who is highly motivated, extremely organised & can multi-task.
They are looking for someone commercially minded, who understands the business of live events. The role would suit an ambitious individual with a flexible outlook, as working hours can be unpredictable.
Primarily responsible for overseeing the day to day activity of the warehouse & managing a small team of both technical and non-technical staff.
• Day to day supervision of Warehouse staff (and freelance warehouse crew as required) to include; communicating all activity, prep schedules, daily/weekly performance targets, goal setting
• With the support of the Operations Director, manage the warehouse team, monitoring their performance and progress, identifying strengths and weaknesses, providing training as required
• Motivate, organise and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure deadlines are met & highest standards are consistently achieved
• Oversee team holiday planning to ensure only one member of team is away at once and organise adequate cover, as necessary
• Head up weekly team meetings
• Manage any overtime requirements, keep log of all additional hours worked and note job number overtime hours apply to. Bring timesheets to weekly team meeting to hand over to Operations Director for authorisation
• Identify any needs for additional freelance crew, communicating requirements to Operations Co-ordinator for booking
• Ensure that quality, delivery, budget and environmental objectives are met on all jobs/projects
Technical & technical training
• Be responsibility for all aspects of technical training to ensure Warehouse team and freelancer crew are compliant & competent on all equipment
• Set, implement and oversee the standards by which we spec/prep/de-prep kit
• Offer technical support to both personnel & freelancers who may require urgent equipment solutions or product support on-site. This may include identifying and organising any additional equipment requirements at short notice and/or arranging last minute sub-hires
• Implementation and day-to-day management of warehouse computerised systems including being one of the primary managers & housekeeper of our rental stock management system
• Help train team on all new and existing technologies, as required
• Instigate handover meetings for all jobs, oversee equipment planning & allocation, ensuring best use of our equipment & minimising need for sub-hires
• Oversee the accuracy & completion of Picking Lists prior to presentation of paperwork to the Warehouse Team
• Provide information on warehouse feedback for debrief meetings
Stock Control and Maintenance
• Overall responsibility for stock control including managing stock checks, keeping stock systems accurate and up to date and ensuring all equipment is accounted for and maintained to our standards
• Oversee management & maintenance of the rental management program to ensure stock levels are accurate, communicating regularly with the Hire & I.T. Manager on any amendments or support required
• Identify and manage sale of older or unused stock
• With the Hire & I.T. Manager, evaluate all Production Manager kit lists, identifying any shortfalls, clashes or over specification of equipment
• Oversee quality control and maintenance of all our equipment, including technical equipment, furniture & all other items stored in the warehouse
• Ensure they are up to date with compliance; PAT testing, rigging inspections, etc
• Identify & consult on any new systems that would assist with stock management or warehouse efficiency
• Lead on importance of bar coding system, identifying ways of making prep/de-prep more efficient
• Champion company prep standards for both equipment going out and equipment being returned back to stock
• Keep a log of any missing equipment when jobs are returned and report to Production Manager immediately
• Manage &/or assist with E-baying of stock that has been approved for re-sale. Help identify old stock and unused events items for E-bay
• Identify old stock/events items that may need skipping. Get approval for all items to be disposed of
• Identify and supervise any known 'hot swaps' on jobs, ensuring paperwork/guidelines are followed for accountability/traceability
• Manage the allocation and inspection of sub-hired equipment, ensuring it is checked in against supplier paperwork and tested, then allocated to the correct job
• Manage the return of sub-hired equipment. Inspect all items that are returned from events, separate and test. Check against supplier paperwork for completion before returning. Ensure all items are labelled clearly before leaving the warehouse.
Purchasing & budgets
• Identify and instruct Hire & IT Manager to purchase of any spares required for stock repairs/maintenance
• Instruct Hire & IT Manager to add new items to rental management system
• Be aware of & manage budgets for the warehouse department, as identified & supported by Operations Director
• Keep inventory of all warehouse consumables and ensure we always have adequate stock levels
• Attend & contribute to weekly Operations meetings
• Attend job handover meetings taking notes of all warehouse related requirements
• Contribute feedback on behalf of Warehouse & Technical for de-brief meetings on all jobs
• Communicate with other departments to ensure two way flow of information on jobs, encourage an open platform for discussing any known issues or areas for improvement
• Help plan transport requirements
• Be aware of transport and courier schedule; oversee goods in and out
Health & Safety
• Be responsible for ensuring warehouse Health & Safety objectives are met, overseeing the safe practice of machinery and vehicles, at all times
• Manage quality control inspections of equipment, schedule repairs and identify any items that need replacing
• Compliance - schedule & assist with rigging inspection & PAT testing, as required
• Undertake Fire Warden qualification & responsibilities