|Job Ref:||204533305||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Doncaster||Address:||Post Code:||DN1||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
Design Engineer/Design Draughtsman|
Annual Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (dependent upon experience)
An exciting opportunity to join a dynamic forward thinking, design, distribution and installation company specialising in Steel Works. Operating out of modern offices in South Yorkshire, the company has experienced sustained growth and are looking to enhance the Design team with the addition of a new Draughtsperson.
The role will involve the production of Floor layouts using AutoCAD and associated Technical details for setting out Steel Composite Flooring. The candidate must be capable of working on their own initiative, after basic training as applicable, while being part of the existing team.
* Production of 2D Floor drawings currently using AutoCAD but will soon be using a BIM compliant CAD software such as Tekla or Revit
* Produce detailed materials schedules to enable materials to be ordered in a timely manner
* Understand and interpret Steel Fabricator Floor layout drawings, and Structural Engineer Floor layout drawings and Concrete Slab details;
* Knowledge of Structural Steel member sizes and General Steelwork details
* Experience of dealing over the phone and via e-mail with Structural Engineers, Architects and Site Installation labour operatives
* Ability to liaise with the sales and contracts teams as well as with various others teams to assist with technical queries
* Use of Excel and general computing skills.
* Experience of using the Tekla Bimsight Viewer for viewing 3D steelwork models or similar would be beneficial but not necessary
* Experience of using Tekla or Revit would be beneficial but not necessary
Training of bespoke design software will be provided
Salary - £25-27k + Great Benefits.
Hours - Mon-thur 8:30-5:00/ fri 8:30-3:45/ lunch 45 mins
To apply, please send a full and up to date CV
How to Apply
Interviews are happening locally immediately, so don't delay! For further details please contact Peter Ingham on (Apply online only), email or send your CV by clicking 'Apply'.
** Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position **
ATA Recruitment Ltd, the recruitment division of RTC Group PLC, has a nationwide presence represented by branches in nine locations across the UK. Typical vacancies filled would be chemical, management, maintenance, service, design, production and project roles.
With a convenient Leeds Centre location our premises provide excellent facilities for face to face interviews. For further positions please take time to browse our website: (url removed) or alternatively call one of our consultants on (Apply online only)