|Job Ref:||204533806||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||HD6 1LT||Address:||Salary:||£30000 - £32000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer - Electrical|
Reports To: Engineering Supervisor
Our Engineering Client is a UK based, privately owned (since 1898) manufacturing and distribution business. They produce one of the widest ranges of Industrial and Security Fencing and Welded Mesh.
Continual investment has ensured that their high tech operations consistently deliver the highest quality.
All products are produced in-house on some of the largest, most modern welding lines in the world and the flexibility of their operations allows a prompt response for non-stock, bespoke designs.
- The job holder is responsible for the maintenance of all plant and equipment on site from an engineering viewpoint, liaising with Health & Safety, Technical, Operational Management, Quality and Logistics functions to ensure the efficient operation of all manufacturing on site.
- To reduce unnecessary downtime from both an Engineering and Technical viewpoint.
- To suggest, agree and implement change through improvements and preventative maintenance in all aspects of the manufacturing activity.
- To ensure essential plant is serviceable at all times. (Switch gear, Compressors, Cooling Towers etc.)
- The job holder is expected to be a role model at all times and lead by example.
Main Areas Of Responsibility
- Ensure Health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Repair any Electrical (Mechanical) breakdown within the plant or site as requested.
- To be proactive in avoiding unnecessary downtime by reporting pre-failure / effecting repairs / modifications prior to failure.
- Service / maintain all site Electrical systems and switchgear.
- Ensure all mesh machines are operational from an electrical viewpoint at all times.
- Ensure all machine safety systems (electrical) are operation at all times
- Identify / report / repair all hydraulic oil leaks on site.
- Identify / report / repair all pneumatic leaks on site.
- Suggest / install isolating / control devices to electrical systems to prevent energy wastage during downtime events.
- Carry out any maintenance of plant / equipment as directed by the Engineering Supervisor.
- Undertake Engineering / Technical breakdowns / overhauls when necessary
- Work as a team with the machine operators to ensure efficient operation of all manufacturing plant.
- Undertake routine services of plant and equipment as and when requested, minimising unnecessary downtime.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is maintained to sufficient operational standards, highlighting where necessary any imminent engineering failures which may impact on manufacturing capability.
- Ensure the sites housekeeping standards are maintained at the highest possible standards.
- Ensure all Electrical Switchgear areas are clean, tidy and free from debris.
- Ensure all plant and equipment is able to produce to quality specifications and production yields.
- To work any shift deemed necessary to facilitate scheduled completions of breakdowns etc.
- Attend any training course deemed necessary.
- Participate in any agreed call-out rota.
- Ensure all engineering components / spares / parts are stored correctly maintaining a professional appearance` of all stores areas.
- Demonstrate a >2:00% reduction in Engineering downtime.
- Ensure site machine utilisation achieves > 45.00% at all times
- Suggest / undertake any improvements to minimise the sites waste (scrap) levels to <2>
Using both Mitsubishi and Siemens the person they are looking for will have:
Essential: To have had exposure to PLC's input / outputs etc. and understand logic,
Desirable: To have is if they have the skills to interrogate the PLC itself.
This job description reflects the immediate requirements and objectives of the post, however, It is not an exhaustive list of duties but provides a general overview of the work undertaken which may vary in light of changing demands and priorities of the business.
Hours of work: Annualised Hrs 42.5hrs / Week average - self managed, based around 07:30 - 16:30 Monday - Friday.
Salary £30k to £32k DOE