|Job Ref:||204563925||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Salary:||£25000 - £30000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:51|
Product Design Leader|
Based in North West
Job ref: EG/35882
Our client is a leading, established and well regarded polymer raw material business supplying quality products and service to a wide range of industries. The business is currently benefitting from a good level of capital investment.
Lead the product design activity in order to ensure the timely and accurate completion of tasks. To be a direct communication link between the lab, the plant, sales and the customer to ensure appropriate product design, process uniformity and product quality.
Achievement is delivered through:
• Developing and maintaining all product designs/product testing procedures.
• Ensure best coordination of technician team resources to meet project demands efficiently through coaching and developing team.
• To interact with customers to assure design conformance and develop product specifications.
• To review all design projects and verify product designs.
• To assist technicians with duties as required.
• To monitor and maintain high quality in product design for customers.
o Project co-ordination.
o Clarification of customer requirements.
o Effective use of pigments and additives to current technology.
o New designs generated meet the customer's requirements.
o Each product design is as cost effective as feasible.
• Determine the need for personnel and recruit with the HR Manager.
• To co-ordinate and assign technical service investigations, ensuring timely resolution.
• To provide input in budget process with planning team.
• To implement and promote continuous quality improvement (including 5s) in area of responsibility.
Duties and responsibilities to other departments:
• Provide Quality Testing (QT) department with technical assistance and determine product quality control specifications and test methods.
• Provide sales & marketing with technical assistance.
• Provide production with technical assistance, especially on scale-up trials of newly developed products, and establish processing specifications.
• Travel with sales to support customers.
Duties relating to general management of company:
• To provide constructive input and feedback to Technical Director regarding technical programs and procedures.
• To participate with Technical Director in planning activities affecting the laboratory.
• To administer company policies and procedures. Use appropriate documentation when dealing with subordinates.
• To maintain a professional image when dealing with company personnel, suppliers and customers.
• Participate in corporate (US) and global technical conference calls / meetings
• Work with other Lab leaders to ensure the Lab areas remain clean and well organised through daily routines adopted by all employees.
• Adherence to company Health and Safety Policy.
• Complete any other reasonable tasks or requests as required in the factory.
• Use your initiative.
• Experience of working in Plastics Industry - ideally in extrusion and/or synthetic fibres or films
• Proven experience of managing people and resources effectively.
• Intermediate excel skills as well as Word and Powerpoint packages.
• Able to prioritise, work under pressure as well as use your own initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Tenacity, resilience, a positive disposition, a "can do" attitude, assertiveness and a high degree of determination to succeed.
For EU roles, candidates must be eligible to work and live in the European Union.
Proof of eligibility will be required with your application.
Listgrove Ltd - Celebrating 40 Successful Years of UK and International Recruitment and HR Services
PLASTICS - PETROCHEMICALS - PACKAGING - CHEMICALS - ENERGY - ENVIRONMENT
Listgrove Limited Registered in England No: 1197713
Visit us at the following exhibitions in 2016 and 2017: FachPack, K 2016, Arabplast, Plastteknik, Interpack, fip Solutions, PDM, Kunststoffen, Interplas, Fakuma
Follow us on: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+,Blogger, Pinterest -
Member of: British Plastics Federation Business Support Network; The Packaging Federation; Society of Plastic Engineers