|Job Ref:||204564081||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Hampshire||City:||southampton||Address:||Post Code:||SO14||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:51|
Red chilli recruitment have an exciting new role for their client based on the outskirts of southampton. |
The position may involve travel throughout the companies Hampshire & Dorset operating areas and other locations for meetings, training and technical courses as required.
Responsible to: Engineering Manager
The Maintenance Department provides engineering support to the Companies Production Department. Providing breakdown and maintenance cover at all times when on shift. Respond if available in breakdown situations when not on shift. There is normally one mechanical and one electrical engineer working together as a shift team. There is also a facilities engineer on a day shift that from time to time will need assistance.
• The engineer will respond to any equipment breakdown during the shift. This covers all plant and equipment on site.
• The engineer will carry out daily, weekly, and monthly planned maintenance as scheduled by the Frontline PPM system. This will include mechanical as well as electrical work.
• The engineer will maintain the integrity of the Front Line purchasing system and enter parts requests as required.
• The engineer will be responsible for the calibration of equipment for example:- turbos, circumferential and lateral motors along with main drive controllers.
• The engineer will carry out electrical installation of new plant and equipment and install/replace components as necessary.
• The engineer will use electrical drawings and equipment documentation to diagnose faults. They will be proactive in acquiring the skills necessary to fulfil the role and keep up to date with the latest technologies.
• The engineer will be expected to liaise with the production staff and have a good understanding of how equipment operates. They should maintain a positive attitude whilst working under pressure to resolve faults and repair breakdowns.
• The engineer will undertake project work as directed by the Engineering Manager.
• A reasonable level of fitness is required to carry out the duties of the electrical engineer. The work will also be of a mechanical nature. The engineer is expected to access all areas of the machinery to carry out their work, for example:- to remove and replace rollers, make adjustments to the mechanisms, remove turbo damping units. The work involves lifting and mechanical handling at times in a confined space.
• Where reasonably expected, the engineer may be contacted out of shift hours for support and advice from team members.
Electrical/Electronics Engineer with a BTEC HNC
Minimum of 5 years practical experience in electrical maintenance or manufacturing working with PLCs
Has experience of a production environment.