|Job Ref:||204563422||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Buckinghamshire||City:||Aylesbury||Address:||Post Code:||HP20||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Buyer/Expeditor for a period of 6 months initially, with the potential to turn into a permanent position based in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire. You will have MRP/ERP systems experience, preferably SAP, 3 years purchasing experience in the manufacturing/electronics industry sector and experience implementing and using "pull" systems with key suppliers
Responsible for the procurement and order book management of components and assemblies and to ensure that cost effective procurement is achieved in line with corporate business initiatives. Attention to detail and a willingness to incorporate best practise into an established company are essential.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintenance of an effective and efficient purchasing function, ensuring the lowest cost of acquisition.
• To manage all components and assemblies in accordance with manufacturing requirements.
• To assist the Materials Manager in the development and adoption of best practice to ensure compliance with the corporate objectives and targets relating to cost reduction.
• To maintain regular communication with suppliers and to provide feedback information to senior staff on any issues arising relating to quality, cost and delivery.
• Implementing and managing MRPII reports, ensuring all products are ordered and scheduled as per our manufacturing requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner, dealing with MRP rescheduling as appropriate.
• Expediting orders, resolving delivery and invoice issues with regards to goods supplied.
• Attend and report to the production meetings, resolve and escalate any issues accordingly.
• Monitoring of existing suppliers via Vendor Rating scheme, managing meetings with suppliers to an agreed programme.
• Prevent critical supply issues through 'Best Practice' and assist with the introduction of cost effective supply chain improvements.
• Support other team members during absence due to training, holidays and sickness etc.
• Ensure regular liaison and co-working with interfacing departments to resolve any issues that may affect the performance.
• Maintenance of Health and Safety and 5S in areas of responsibility.
• Good standard of general education.
• MRP/ERP systems, preferably SAP
• 3 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing/electronics industry sector.
• Experience implementing and using "pull" systems with key suppliers
• A' Level /HNC or equivalent.
• CIPS qualified (or equivalent) or working towards.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook to an intermediate level.
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
• Ability to act on own initiative, dealing with unexpected problems that arise.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with individuals at all levels.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Proactive and the ability to make decisions.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Attention to detail.
• Occasional travel may be required