|Job Ref:||204564222||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Suffolk||City:||Haverhill||Address:||Post Code:||CB9||Salary:||£12.00 - £14.00/hour||Post Date:||10/10/2016 18:50|
Welder Fabricator - Haverhill - Permanent - £12 - £14 per hour.|
Our client is leading engineering specialist in the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of stage engineering and stage rigging equipment for use in theatres, opera houses, concert halls, television studios and small venues. Our client is looking for several Welder Fabricators to join their team on a permanent basis.
The position will be based in Haverhill, Suffolk which is a manufacturing environment. In this role you are required to wear suitable PPE and follow the necessary health and safety guidelines.
- To be able to determine the required equipment and the best welding method, applying knowledge of diverse techniques
- To be able to evaluate engineering drawings and ensure implementation according to welding specification.
- To operate, with minimum supervision, a variety of fabrication equipment.
- To provide assistance to the production process and also to be able to mould various fixtures.
- To be able to perform efficient welding of various metal objects using a metal inert gas (MIG), metal active gas (MAG) or Tungsten inert gas (TIG).
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Good numeracy and mechanical skills.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of using a wide variety of welding equipment
- Knowledge of techniques to maximise the manufacturing process as well as the distribution of goods.
- Previous experience in general fabrication in mild steel.
- Computer literate
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Confidence to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Execellent time management skills
Desirable knowledge and skills
- Possess an NVQ or CSCS certification.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of materials
- Forklift truck and overhead crane experience
- Experience with stainless steel/aluminium would be advantageous
- Experience of working in the stage and/or spectaculars industry
- History within the Entertainment industry
- Able to attend some meetings out of normal office hours
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8.00am - 4.30pm with half an hour lunch. Please be aware that due to the nature of the work, some work 40 hours a week but some like the overtime at time and a half and work up to 60 hours a week!
This is a great opportunity to part of a very busy and successful business and to develop a long term career path.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to match our client's needs in this role, please submit your CV in Word format to