|Job Ref:||204564362||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Bedfordshire||City:||Sandy||Address:||Post Code:||SG19||Salary:||£23000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
Direct Workforce is a successful recruitment company with links to some of the most recognised transport & logistics companies in the UK.|
Our client, based in Sandy is seeking a qualified electrician to carry out electrical reactive and planned maintenance works to all internal & external clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To carryout electrical work on products to company quality standards
* To ensure all electrical work carried out meets current wiring and health and safety regulations
* To work as part of a team to ensure production deadlines are met
* Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
* Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown andcorrect the problem.
* Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
* Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
* To repair equipment on customers premises when required
* To ensure minimum wastage of materials
* To keep control of stocks and electrical components in your care and account for any discrepancies
* To ensure all components used are recorded on a daily basis and booked to jobs
* To maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, internal and external
* customers and suppliers and represent the company in a professional manner
* To portray a positive image of the client when carrying out your duties
* To actively promote the clients products and services to customers when the opportunity arises
* To comply with company health and safety policy
* To keep your knowledge and skills up to date and to keep abreast of new developments and best practice within your field of work
* Any other reasonable task as requested by your manager or the Directors of the company
* Job Knowledge
* Appropriate level of skills and qualifications
* Upholdscompany values and acts in the best interests
* Demonstrates an understanding of customer requirements and expectations
* Team Working
* Supports others and contributes to the success of the team
* Responsiveness to change/continuous improvement
* Shows a commitment and seeks to improve within role
* A fully qualified Electrician accredited City and Guilds 2382 (17th Edition), City and Guilds 2391 or 2392 inspection and testing.
* A knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations
* The ability to plan and organise work.
* Proficient level of Mathematics & English.
* Must be able to absorb technical information
* An organised approach to work
* The ability to follow technical drawings and plans
* Excellent communication skills at all levels
* Good written communication including the completion of necessary work documentation.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision and as part of a team
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to work to deadlines
* Adaptability and flexibility
* Meticulous approach to duties undertaken.
* Professionalism and work ethic
* Demonstrable experience working as a fully qualified trade's person.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday
7 - 4.30 (45 hours)
*Some flexibility may be required dependant on work load.
Immediate start available following successful interview.
Please apply online or call Kirstin in (Apply online only)