|Job Ref:||204564450||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridgeshire||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£50000 - £65000/annum Basic + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
Are you looking for a Senior Systems Engineer role in Cambridge?|
A successful Multinational business in West Cambridge involved in the development of Small cell technologies and infrastructure equipment for mobile comms are seeking a Senior Systems Engineer - RAN to join their development team.
The Senior Systems Engineer - RAN role is mainly responsible for the system design and specification of the Core Network and RAN related aspects of the novel small cell system being developed by the company.
The Senior Systems Engineer - RAN will strengthen the overall Systems group in the areas of Core Network interconnection protocols and RAN signalling protocols.
Responsibilities of the Senior Systems Engineer - RAN job:
* Primarily responsible for the design, analysis and specification of Core Network and RAN network protocols and associated functional behaviour
* Responsible for the design, analysis and specification of other system areas as required.
* Produce and peer review system level specifications for the small cell system
* Support the software developers in the understanding and implementation of the system specifications
Requirements for the Senior Systems Engineer - RAN job:
* Good understanding of ITU and 3GPP standards
* Ability to understand and deal with system-level design issues, especially in the areas of system performance, capacity and scalability
* Ability to work with loosely defined requirements and, through research, design and peer interaction, derive comprehensive designs and specifications
* Ability to apply existing knowledge to novel requirements
* Ability to work well both in a team and alone: the systems team works through both collective design and strong individual contribution to it
* Knowledge of standard 3GPP UTRAN and E-UTRAN procedures (RANAP, RRC, RRM, GTP, GTP-U, IuUP, S1-AP, S1-U, X2)
* Knowledge of standard 3GPP Core Network procedures mainly for LTE (S2 (a,b, etc.), S10, etc.)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer - RAN to join a successful company with a team of extremely bright and friendly engineers.
To apply for the Senior Systems Engineer - RAN job, please send your CV or call Laura on (Apply online only) with any questions.
Visit and follow Redline Group