|Job Ref:||204564541||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cumbria||Address:||Post Code:||CA9||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
We are working in partnership with a leading Engineering and Construction Contractor that manages and delivers key Infrastructure, Energy, Transportation and Water projects across the globe.|
Roles and Responsibilities:
An exciting opportunity for a Temporary Works Supervisor is available to join a Major Project working on a large Nuclear plant.
What you'll be doing
As a Temporary Works Supervisor, you will be:
• Delivering and verifying Temporary Works designs, providing expert technical support
• Contributing to winning work by providing strong technical support to tenders by identifying innovative and cost effective strategies and solutions
• Ensuring design risks are considered and prepare design risk assessments
• Leading design assurance on projects through conducting audits and regular meetings with the engineering and project teams, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and areas of concern
• Developing and maintaining relationships with relevant technical consultants and suppliers, managing their input in the design, development, pricing and delivery of technical solutions on site and in tenders
• Up to date technical knowledge of temporary works design and engineering and industry best practice
• Strong focus and be thorough and have the professional credibility to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken
• The ability to undertake both repetitive and complex Structural Engineering /geotechnical calculations.
Essential Experience :
• A degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and have or be studying towards a professional qualification, MICE or MIStructE or equivalent.
• A valid CSCS card.
• Proven experience of overseeing temporary works design and delivery