|Job Ref:||204564742||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Leicestershire||City:||Leicester||Address:||Post Code:||LE1||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
I have an exciting opportunity for an experienced High voltage test engineer to join my client in the Leicestershire area, my client design and manufacture high power electrical resistors used in electricity|
generation, transmission and distribution as well as in the industrial automation, marine, telecoms and rail transit markets.
To carry out timely inspection and test of both in-process and complete assemblies prior to
despatch, to defined standards and procedures.
• Perform testing and inspection of high voltage electrical resistors using specified test
procedures and to agreed timings
• Production of written test reports.
• Perform a lead role during customer witnessed inspections (FAT).
• Maintain a safe, tidy & efficient work area and equipment.
• Work safely and take part in company Heath and Safety activities.
• Investigating customer returns report root cause and rectification requirements.
• Take an active role in maintaining calibration status of equipment used in test department.
• Provide assistance for calibration of production equipment.
• Minor rectification work as required during testing.
• Ensuring NCR status of product prior to release of product.
• Working closely with other departments including product design
• Working to production planning schedule with flexibility to achieve tight deadlines
• Participate with the team in planning, reviews and post project lessons learned
• Understand business requirements and specifications/acceptance criteria and define test
• Work collaboratively as an integrated member of the team
• Taking part in company business improvement activities.
• Any other duties not listed commensurate with the requirements of the Business.
• Work involves a great deal of standing, using hands to finger, handle, feel or operate
objects, tools, or controls and reaching with hands and arms. The employee will be required
to walk, talk, hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch and crawl
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
• Work occasionally involves exposure to moving mechanical parts
• The employee must frequently push, pull and lift moderate to heavy items
• The employee occasionally works in high places and is exposed to risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level in the work environment can be moderately to very loud.
• Experience of working in a high voltage environment (Test voltage up to 100kv)
• Able to read and interpret drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
• Excellent time management and organisational skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent communication skills and use of spoken and written English.
• Good Technical Document writing skills.
• Ability to operate electrical test systems in high voltage conditions
• Ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines
• Customer and quality awareness
• Willing and able to learn new technologies and new skills
• BTEC Higher National Certificate or similar / relevant experience.
• Positive, proactive and flexible with a "can do" attitude.
• A self-starter who is able to take on responsibility and manage own time.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Able to cope with the requirements of a fast paced work environment.
• Ability to use own initiative
Hours of Work
Monday to Thursday 7.30am-4pm
If you feel you may be suitable then please do contact Nicole Cooling
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Barker Ross Staffing Solutions only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Barker Ross Group who is acting as a recruitment agency