|Job Ref:||204564838||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Salary:||£17000 - £19000/annum Excellent Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:24|
Rullion Engineering are currently looking to recruit a Water Services Engineer to carry out a range of monitoring, one-off remedial cleaning, chemical testing and minor plumbing electro/mechanical tasks to meet clients' agreed requirements with regard to the Legionella control programme as set out in the Water Technical Manual.|
Reporting to the Service Manager, this is a mobile, field-based position covering the Glasgow area.
* To carry out routine monitoring tasks in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8.
* Carry out work in line with the Water Technical Manuals guidance to safe systems of works.
* To be an ambassador for the Company whilst visiting customers sites.
* Maintain customer's water safe log books in line with the Approved Code of Practice L8 and company guidelines.
* To take a variety of Water samples from multiple sector properties and document these samples in line with the Water Technical Manual guidance.
* Complete and submit all documentation relating to the work carried out in a timely manner and produce documentation and follow the progress of any paperwork regarding customer queries.
* Carry out water system clean and disinfections in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L8 with guidance for the Water Technical Manual.
* Testing, servicing and maintaining of thermostatic mixing valves.
* Simple remedial plumbing tasks.
* Analysis, testing and dosing of closed system heating and chilled water.
* Analysis testing and checking of Chlorine dioxide systems and equipment.
* Installation and repair of our supplied equipment.
* Comply with time allocations for specified work.
* To communicate on a daily basis to the service department that all tasks are carried out efficiently.
* Maintain adequate stock levels of chemicals on customer's sites and adequate levels of chemicals and materials in your vehicle to carry out your work for the time planned.
* Ensure all expenditure has the prior of approval of the Line Manager.
* To maintain plant and equipment on customers site.
* Comply with special instructions laid down for certain customers that appear on route prints or job cards.
* Carry out a daily vehicle report and report any damage to your line manager. Follow the correct maintenance, driving and safety guidelines as detailed in the Drivers Handbook.
* Ensure that any equipment for which you are responsible (e.g. Tablet computers, destiny pens) is kept clean and is properly maintained.
* Follow the requirements of all safe working procedures.
* Wear all PPE correctly, as per company issued requirements and site-specific requirements.
* Any other reasonable task requested by your manager in line with responsibility of role and grade of job.
Knowledge skills & experience
* A technical background relating to plumbing.
* Previous experience within Compliance Servicing, Legionella Monitoring or Water Treatment is desirable.
* Understanding of Water Systems would be desirable.
* Basic IT skills, preferably with Microsoft package.
* Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
* The ability to work under pressure, being able to manage and work to deadlines.
* Understands the importance of, and can demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
* Be a strong Team Player.
* Experience in an analytical role is desirable but not essential
Please send your most up to date CV to Richard Stainforth at Rullion Engineering Glasgow