|Job Ref:||204565181||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Lancashire||City:||Lancashire||Address:||Post Code:||BB5||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:25|
Due to successful growth and strong long-term demand for their services, our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced mechanical engineer to join their team in the North West, assisting with the delivery of a key framework with their client United Utilities.|
You will support the project team in coordinating the M&E aspects of a wide range of water and wastewater projects, including liaising with suppliers and subcontractors, and overseeing their activities. You will also carry out on-site installation and commissioning relating to mechanical elements of these projects. Preparation and understanding of technical reports and documentation to a high level is also key to success in this role.
You will report directly to the Design Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
* Ensure that standard practices are utilised where ever possible.
* Monitor design costs and provide design services appropriate to the allowance available.
* Produce monthly reports.
* Produce estimates and feedback for Proposals department.
* Work to procedures
* Assist with updating procedures and processes
* Co-ordinate designs with all other disciplines internal and external to Biwater in order to ensure that the design processes carried out on the contract are co-ordinated for the benefit of the contract as a whole.
* Maintain files and records throughout the duration of contracts.
* Provide services which focus on customer satisfaction.
* Maintain a safe working environment for all staff.
* Ensure that design takes full regard of all health and safety requirements.
* Reduce waste to a minimum from all activities.
* Ensure that designs take account of environmental issues.
* Have a knowledge of the principles of water and waste water
* Have a knowledge of designing mechanical aspects of water and sewage treatment plants.
* Minimum:- HNC Mechanical Engineering
* Ability to rationalise designs and produce economic plant layouts
* Ability to understand technical proposals.
* Driving licence