|Job Ref:||204565971||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Derbyshire||City:||Derbyshire||Address:||Post Code:||DE55||Post Date:||14/10/2016 03:16|
• To design a wide range of bespoke products ensuring compliance with client specifications, legislative requirements, quality and HSE standards.
• To work independently or as part of a team to develop new or existing products that meet the mechanical technical requirements of form, fit and function.
• To provide a professional mechanical engineering service to the business and so interface with customers and suppliers to ensure activities are completed to meet or improve program, cost and quality expectations.
• Preparation of engineering calculations over a number of disciplines in support of detail design schemes
• Perform concept and detail design work applying acoustic, dynamic, mechanical, and thermo-fluid principles to generate optimum customer solutions
• Participate in research and development activities
• Carry out and take responsibility for site survey activities
• Produce sketch drawings of design concepts in sufficient detail to enable production of detail design definition drawings
• Use IT packages effectively in the course of engineering activities (excel, word, mathcad, CAD, etc.)
• Interpret engineering drawings
• Generate concise and presentable sketches and reports for issue to a range of customers
• Use noise measurement equipment to assess the performance of the company's products
• Interpret and implement engineering specifications and standards
• Self development to meet new requirements
• Manage project timescales and achieve or improve deadlines
• Provide progress status reports to line management on a regular basis and work to achieve or improve company and customer objectives of program, cost and quality
• Provide an engineering resource for other departments
• Work in accordance with the company standard business processes
• Hazard identification and risk reduction
• Mechanical Engineering Degree
• Diploma in acoustics and noise control.
• Good pass grades at advanced level mathematics and physics.
• IMechE corporate membership.
• IOA membership
Knowledge and Experience
• 3 to 5 years experience in a responsible mechanical engineering position.
• Understanding of mechanical engineering principles.
• Experience of working to structural design codes.
• Knowledge of acoustic and noise control principles.
• Design of fabrication details.
• Familiar with the requirements of the construction design and management regulations.
• Practical use of design techniques of hazard identification and risk reduction.
• Familiar with the requirements of European Directives such as the Machinery Directive and ATEX.
• Out of hours, overseas and offshore working may be necessary from time to time.
The Company is a World Class specialist engineering facility renowned for providing advanced fabricated engineering solutions in the international markets it serves. They have proven capabilities and experience utilising the skills of their highly qualified engineers and designers and are committed to developing partnerships in order to provide the services to meet client's financial and operational constraints. They combine superb engineering with a clear understanding of client needs and an uncompromising focus on care, quality and attention to detail. They meet and continually exceed customer expectations. From Engineering Concept to Installation the company leads by not only meeting client expectations, but continually surpassing them