|Job Ref:||204566060||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£35000 - £65000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:25|
Senior Mechatronics/Robotics Engineer|
We are looking for a Principal Mechatronics/Robotics Engineer with a background in Mechanical, Electrical or Electro-Mechanical Engineering to join one of the UK's leading product design consultancies. You will apply your mechatronics or robotics engineering abilities to the development of world-leading medical devices for clients around the globe (previous medical systems experience is not essential). You will both lead and work within multi-disciplinary teams of highly talented people to develop novel solutions to complex technical problems.
You will undertake the development of innovative medical devices and equipment from concept to manufacture, focusing into four areas:
Drug Delivery, including break through inhalation and injection devices
* Wireless devices / eHealth development of innovative connected solutions for devices located both outside and inside the body with the use of novel antenna design
* Surgical and Interventional Products covering sophisticated surgical tool and implantable devices
* Medical Diagnostics and Instrumentation ranging from over the counter personal diagnostics e.g. digital pregnancy test through to instrumentation for use in hospital laboratories
Hands-on product development and design of complex electro-mechanical systems.
Project management to deliver the whole programme.
Collaborate with both clients and other engineers
Liaise with clients to understand their needs and prepare proposals which capture these requirements.
A high level of practical experience with proven technical skill.
An excellent first degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or a related discipline.
Significant experience in the design of electro-mechanical systems including several of the following:
* Drive systems, Motors and Gearing, Robots
* Sample and Bulk fluids handling
* Measurement and Control Systems, Automation
* Excellent understanding of manufacturing techniques and assembly processes
* Hands-on experience of 3D CAD (ProEngineer or Solidworks preferred)
* A genuine passion for engineering
* Excellent understanding of materials selection
* Experience of designing for the Medical Industry
* Team leadership or project management experience
* Postgraduate study in a relevant field
* Practical Regulatory knowledge (QSR/ ISO13485)
Vacancy location: Cambridge (commutable from Newmarket, St. Neots, Bedford)
Salary: Excellent salary dependent on experience plus full 'blue chip' benefits package
Career Development: superb potential for personal, technical and career development