|Job Ref:||204568764||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Newcastle-under-Lyme||Address:||Post Code:||ST5||Salary:||£30000/annum 10% Bonus and excellent benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:26|
Position: Technical Sales Engineer - Water|
Salary Guide: £30,000 plus 10% bonus and excellent benefits
Our client has been creating premium heat transfer, separation and fluid handling technologies for more than 125 years, their products and solutions are used in such areas as water supply, food and beverages, power generation, energy, environmental protection and pharmaceuticals. They employ approximately 16,000 staff in more than 50 countries covering over 100 markets.
They are recruiting for a Technical Sales Engineer to join their Process Water and Waste Treatment (PWW) department at their Head Office in Camberley. PWW in the UK & Ireland serves the Water and Waste Treatment industries, offering process solutions for thickening and dewatering sludges, and for cleaning dirty water using their range of thermal, separation and fluid handling equipment.
Business is conducted direct with our local end users, with the main industry contractors and consultancies based in the UK and Ireland. This role will support the Capital sales business and our with a focus on equipment and solutions within both the Municipal and Industrial Waste Segments. The principal products offered include belt thickeners, belt presses, plate presses, drum thickeners and decanter centrifuges, tertiary filtration, and membrane systems, together with associated ancillary bought in equipment.
The key elements of this role include:
* Assessment of customer requirements and selection/recommendation of equipment, from components to system solutions, liaising with our Product and Application Centres when necessary. This will also involve obtaining quotations from suppliers outside the company for ancillary equipment.
* Preparation of budget and firm quotations, cost calculations and order specifications
* Receiving sales enquiries, and offering telephone advice to customers.
* Provision of technical support to customers and Sales Engineers.
* Consideration, and assessment of terms and conditions.
* Maintaining customer/sales database and records, and to produce analysis and reports as required from time to time.
* Visiting customers, both with Sales Engineers and, on occasion, alone, to discuss technical and commercial aspects of projects.
* Liaison with UK Engineering and Supply team and Project Managers during project execution.
* Liaison with service/aftersales department, and Market Unit/Business Centre colleagues
* Having worked in a similar role providing technical support this is an exciting opportunity to put your knowledge into practice and join a leading engineering sales company in a technical role.
* Successful candidates will have an engineering degree or equivalent. Past experience within the Water and Waste Treatment industries being highly desirable.
* A confident telephone manner is expected, and you will need good teamwork skills to build relationships with customers and sales engineers to whom you will provide technical support and estimates. In addition to technical qualifications, you must have good interpersonal, and communications/presentation skills and will have strong organisational and administrative capabilities.
* The ability to assess and prioritise tasks is especially important in this role.
* Strong computer skills will be required - especially Excel, and Word.
* You will be a self-starter who is motivated and innovative.
* You will have experience of providing engineering solutions using processes and applications, whilst knowledge of the equipment comparable to the company's range would be an advantage.
* There will be an opportunity to attend customer sites so you will need to be flexible to travel across the UK as required. A full driving licence would be advantageous for this reason